Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Need alternative to Evorel Conte due to it not being produced any more  (Read 3315 times)

Hormonehealth

• First Flush

Hi there.    I have been really happy on Evorel Conte for a couple of years and now it isnt being manufactured any more and there arent any other patches with progesterone in so I need to find out what alternatives I have that are as close to Evorel Conte as possible and I want to stay on patches if possible.
My Gyne things that they have stopped making Evorel Conte due to the company being able to make more money making other things by the way....   
So...   I wish to use a low dose HRT patch but still have my uterus so will also have to take some progesterone as well.   Please can anyone give me info as to what would be a good alternative.   My GP is at a loss and my pharmacist isnt sure which patch is a good one to consider as they all seem to go out of stock mainly coz when one like Evorel stops being made there is more demand for the other ones etc etc.   I could take oral progesterone and use a patch with just a low dose Estrogen in but dont want my uterus to grow in size much at all ( dont want periods etc ) coz it is heavily anterverted on top of my bladder... and no my Urogyne wont take my uterus out and I also have other prolapses but they are manageable.   Thank you for any help offered

Taz2

Hi Hormonehealth.

Evorel Conti should be available as it came back on stream in June - although you may have to ring round various pharmacies to find one with stock. You can find out what is available again here https://thebms.org.uk/2020/06/british-menopause-society-further-update-on-hrt-supply-shortages-20th-june-2020/ It's not that it has been withdrawn but that it is now manufactured by a different company than before. The new company is Theramex.

It is difficult when we are asked to change but hopefully we are now coming out of the woods re supply.

Sorry to hear about your prolapses and the bladder pressure. I found mine made my bladder very uncomfortable!

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Hormonehealth

• First Flush

Hi Taz

Thank you so much for your reply.   So I can get my patches after all!   Fab.   I will keep going and try to get them.

Thanks again

xxx

Taz2

Fingers crossed for you! Let us know how you get on.

Taz x  :foryou:

Jellyb

Hi Hormonehealth,
I read your post with interest as I am also on Evorel conti and very happy on it too.  I have often wondered what would be my alternative options if it was no longer available.
I was worried about not being able to get any and have taken the plunge and bought a supply privately online.  It has put my mind at rest knowing that I have a decent supply to keep me going.  I really didn't want to have to go through the trial and error of a new regime and all the misery that entails.
Hope you are able to get what you need.

Paz23

Re: Need alternative to Evorel Conte due to it not being produced any more
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2020, 02:13:42 PM »

I have a Mirena coil fitted for the progesterone So don’t have to worry about that side of HRT and just recently started using oestrogel 2 pumps a day.

jaycee

Re: Need alternative to Evorel Conte due to it not being produced any more
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2020, 07:56:32 PM »

As far as i know all HRT has progesterone of some kind,i tried Evoral Conte it gave me more energy ,but my hair started falling out, i had already lost some,but it came out in handfuls while on them so had to come off them