Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Group Tactics for Getting House Tidied :-)  (Read 1524 times)

KaraShannon

Group Tactics for Getting House Tidied :-)
« on: July 03, 2020, 02:15:30 PM »

Hi everyone

I'm wondering if anyone wants to try this with me on this thread:

I used to belong to the Fly Lady chat room (did anyone else?)  and we had a strategy in there that was brilliant for getting stuff done at home while still supporting and chatting with one another.  If anyone would like to try this here on this thread, it went like this:

AT THE TOP OF THE HOUR:  Chat stops and we go clean, tidy or get on with something for 15 mins, then resume chat.

AT THE BOTTOM OF THE HOUR:  Chat stops and we go clean, tidy or get on with something for 15 mins then resume chat. 

Simple  ;D

eg, say it's 2.45 pm.......we chat.....at the Top Of The Hour (TOTH.......3 pm) we go off and get busy.........at 3.15 pm we stop and chat (or carry on if you want to of course)..........then at the Bottom Of The Hour (BOTH......3.30 pm)  we go off and get busy again.

Anyway, I hope I've made it clear........reason for posting this is that I really found it supportive.  If anyone would like to have a go at this feel free to use this thread.  I will happily join in from time to time as well, obviously people will only come here if they need a bit of support and conversation while getting busy at home. 

What do you think?   :)

KaraShannon

Re: Group Tactics for Getting House Tidied :-)
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 02:22:16 PM »

So I will chat for a while to get this started and then at BOTH I will go off and do something.

The reason this system helped me so much is because I suffer with a lot of fatigue and getting things done is like a huge mountain and also very isolating.  I often want to go out on my days off but it can sometimes take me all day to get stuff at home done because of my health, so it just makes it more fun to have some structure and company.  Also 15 mins at a time is easy to do so there's a sense of achievement. 

KaraShannon

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 02:31:44 PM »

BOTH....

I'll play the game with myself for now and see if anyone joins in.  Off I go for 15 mins  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 02:50:40 PM »

Like giving yourself a treat ?  ;D

I do that but have to tackle chores after breakfast, if I stop for lunch I lose enthusiasm.  Also I prefer to be in the garden ......... so housework is neglected.

Hey ho! dust will be there long after I've moved from here  :D

KaraShannon

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 02:54:50 PM »

CLKD, it works for the garden too  :)  I remember doing it with someone and they were gone for ages because they just got into what they were doing, but all good.

I've got a communal garden which is really nice but none of us neighbours use it, just admire it as we walk into our homes.  I might change that and sit in it.  Because it's communal, there is a gardener but we can still do stuff if we want.

I like to get stuff done after breakfast but this helps me particularly on those days where it's not happening.  Often due to fatigue in the morning, hard to get started, but obviously the day runs better if I do get things moving.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2020, 11:37:31 AM »

Did it work?

KaraShannon

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2020, 11:25:56 AM »

Well, it's a connection thing really.

If anyone ever wants to 'play' it here, (I may not be on at the time), it's basically at the Top of The Hour (TOTH) everyone goes and does 15 mins work (whatever that is for them), and then again at the Bottom of The Hour (BOTH), the rest of the time is coffee, chat, etc.

I'm up for it if ever anyone wants to do it as I work from home 2 days a week and structure and connection helps  :)

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2020, 11:32:13 AM »

Ah  :thankyou:   you'll probably be up and away B4 we are out of bed  :D

KaraShannon

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2020, 01:03:20 PM »

Not likely, lockdown has created some bad habits  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2020, 03:47:39 PM »

We're retired so we've been practicing bad habits  ;D