Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: I?m here, at 51 and a half. Or am I? 🤔  (Read 837 times)

Lydgate

I?m here, at 51 and a half. Or am I? 🤔
« on: July 01, 2020, 04:18:28 PM »

I thought I should join.
I've just missed my first period, EVER!
Periods are very heavy, and have been getting closer together, so I will be very glad to see the back of them. That's really what I'm trying to find out on here. Does this mean I might not have to deal with this 3 weekly pain and flooding much longer? Hope so.
Symptoms which I've experienced which may or may not be related to peri menopause are anxiety, aching bones and a bit of illogical fury. 🙁

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: I?m here, at 51 and a half. Or am I? 🤔
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 04:23:45 PM »

Oh join The Club you'll fit right in.  We have topics on everything, we even talk about menopause sometimes  ::)

:welcomemm:  periods wax and wane and no one story is alike any other.  Mine came and went for several years until I realised that I was finished.  I didn't stop carrying protection for 5 years after, in case   :D

Browse round.  Join in. 

As oestrogen levels drop so the body may become lax = aches and pains as well as dry: inside and out.  We have a recent thread on the fury topic, do have a read.

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 01:14:17 PM »

Hello Lydgate and welcome to the forum.

You will see from this site that there is a range of experiences when  menopause comes calling!

I always thought that periods became irregular and lighter but mine were heavy and on time until suddenly they just stopped. Infact that's not quite true because six months after missing the first one I had a very light bleed which I thought would turn into a period but it didn't.  I think a sudden cessation of heavy periods is less common but not a problem.

For you it's all about what happens next and hopefully you have an easy journey ahead of you.

Wishing you well and keep posting.

K.

Lydgate

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2020, 09:03:14 AM »

Thank you for the welcome. Well, Mother Nature plays games. The 24 day cycle produced a period at day 32. So I haven't missed, but this was definitely strange. I'm pleased to have joined you. I'm sure you will be able to help me in all this fun and games 👍👍👍

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2020, 11:40:51 AM »

My periods were 36 days apart from the age of 30 ......... until peri  ::)

Even after my periods stopped I would get pains and think "Oh No! Not after all this time!" but never had a bleed.