Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Sinus problems.  (Read 1773 times)

Lalb1

Sinus problems.
« on: July 01, 2020, 01:57:27 PM »

Hi, does anyone else have sinus issues that also cause a weird type of breathlessness?
I had a bug back at the beginning of March which my doctor thinks was Covid, however I wasn't tested so won't know.
It left me with horrendous sinusitis, doc prescribed antibiotics and steroid nasal spray. It helped for about 3 weeks, but I've noticed it's playing up again.. mainly when I'm due to ovulate or when I'm around my period time. My right nostril feels blocked and swollen, I'm getting like a crackly sound in my ears and my throat feels stuck with phlegm. When I try to deep breathe sometimes it feels like my nose shuts off and the crackly sounds from what I'm guessing are some type of congestion are louder and more pronounced. I've been struggling with deep breaths too, was thinking it's more anxiety, I am asthmatic but it's not that type of breathing issue.
My ears cackle and pop, my throat feels blocked sometimes. I'm currently using sterimar nasal spray, mometasone steroid spray, fexofenadine and taking heartburn meds and my asthma inhalers.
Anyone any suggestions?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Sinus problems.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 03:48:18 PM »

Why did your GP think it was C-19? 

I think a lot of physical problems can be brought on by a drop in oestrogen levels as muscles may become lax.  Also the eustachian tubes may narrow which can bring it's own symptoms.  The body can also become dry, inside and out: nostrils, deep in the ears, vagina, skin .....

Some develop allergies at this time of Life for no apparent reasons. 

During the day I have an irritating clearing of throat sensation due to reflux feels like something is stuck: another problem which hits due to laxity of muscles i.e. hiatus hernia.

If you did have C-19 and there should B an anti-body test which will prove yeah/nay then be kind to yourself!  Lots of people are struggling with fatigue and flare ups of other health issues, long forgotten. 

You seem to be using a lot of nasal sprays  :-\

Barnacle

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 03:54:01 PM »

I have had sinus issues on and off for years and use Sterimar everyday, a Neti Pot when i can feel the build up of pressure and then accupuncture.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 04:02:53 PM »

When I had sinus infection 1 Ch.mas Morning I couldn't bend my head forwards, it was like being drunk without having taken alcohol. 

Lalb1

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 04:42:29 PM »

CLKD
I had a sore throat, high temp, dizziness, nausea, aches, cold like nose, continuous cough (for 2 days) and I lost all sense of smell and taste. Smell is only now just coming back properly. I did ask about the antibody test but this was back when it was just released and was only available for nhs etc. I will have to ask again, but as I'm not allowed into the docs due to being in the high risk shielding group, she hasn't let me attend any appointments.
I use the mometasone when it's bad but I use the sterimar daily, I was told not to overuse the steroid spray ad would dry up or cause too. many problems in nose/sinuses.
I also have the irritating cough clearing of throat during the day, I have the feeling somethings stuck in my throat.

Baby

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 06:02:14 PM »

Yes I have sinus problems in the last six months after never having problems for all my life.

CrispyChick

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2020, 06:14:54 PM »

I notice you are on fexofenadine.

I put a, post up a few weeks ago. My sinuses have been bad, thought it was connected to hormones and me trying the combined pill.

Read that antihistamines can dry out sinuses and make it worse. So I stopped fexofenadine. I'm still getting pressure, but it is not as bad. Might be worth a try. My GP had no idea about this.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2020, 06:20:13 PM »

I had Beconase for several years which dried up my nostrils when used every day ......... twice a week was enough eventually.

Lalb1

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2020, 09:02:54 PM »

Crispy hick
Yeah I saw a post you'd put up about antihistamines. I dnt take it every day, just when I feel more prone to hayfever.

CKLD
Yeah that's why I don't take my steroid spray every day as worried it would dry up too much. Just take it as and when I feel it needs.