Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Don?t know what to do?  (Read 926 times)

ladylollipop

Don?t know what to do?
« on: March 10, 2020, 07:43:38 PM »

Hello ladies, I have stopped my antidepressant venlafaxine 6 weeks ago( one reason was it wasn't available at that time- meanwhile it is available) . No I have the feeling the anxiety, intrusive thoughts, the jittery is coming back. Don't know if it is in my head only , but I wake up with this ?exam tummy feeling?. I am also on HRT . What would you recommend? Shall I start again?
Best wishes
Lady lollipop

Taz2

Re: Don?t know what to do?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 07:55:03 PM »

Hi ladylollipop. If you were feeling well on it then, yes, I would definitely restart it. How long were you taking it for?

Taz x

ladylollipop

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 08:04:14 PM »

Hello I first started it end 2014. at that time I had know idea it was menopause. I took it for about 3 months stopped it. In total I have stopped it four times. This time my gynecologist recommended to see if I maybe can be on HRT only. But now I have the feeling it wasn't a good decision.
Lady lollipop x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 08:20:59 PM »

Some require ADs and HRT.  You know yourself how you feel when not taking the medication.  What I found was when I tried to restart an AD it didn't work so you may need something else.

Why suffer?

ladylollipop

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2020, 08:30:45 PM »

Thanks CLKD, I do hope it will work again. The HRT does work too. Before I took it I felt dizzy , brain fog sometimes not real. This is all gone. The anxiety and  jittery seem to need more than HRT

Lady lollipop

Nik2502

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2020, 08:50:09 PM »

Venlafaxine is notoriously difficult to come and can have severe side effects. It should only be cut down by 37.5mg every month.
I would consider starting it again.

ladylollipop

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2020, 09:03:54 PM »

Thanks Nik2502. I think I will do so.

Lady lollipop x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2020, 01:44:29 PM »

Venlafaxine can be problematic.  My GP guided me through withdrawal by dropping the dosage on alternate nights.  It took 9 weeks.  Once I realised that the rebound anxiety wasn't getting worse or going to last, I coped well.

What did U decide?

Kathleen

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2020, 03:23:22 PM »

Hello ladylollipop.

As you probably know the jittery 'exam tummy feelings' you describe can also be due to hormones . Many ladies here have similar issues and my trusty meno book indentifies fluttering and feelings of unease as an emotional symptom of the menopause.

It's just a thought but could coming off Venlafaxine be a coincidence and your HRT needs tweaking? I am not on HRT but I do take Venlafaxine and I still get the jittery sensations, pessimistic thoughts etc and  these are often accompanied by a mild flush.

I hope this hasn't confused you and with any luck more ladies will be along to add their comments.

Take care.

K.