Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: VA - does every woman get it?  (Read 4372 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: VA - does every woman get it?
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2020, 10:26:16 AM »

Lyncola - what are you using and how often?

This subject has several threads across the Forum from years back ....... fortunately my GP recognised my systems  :-* and prescribed treatment.

Kathleen

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2020, 01:57:42 PM »

Hello ladies.

My experience of VA seems to be a little different.

My  VA symptoms are  confined to one bathroom visit at night but no problems during the day. My last smear was painful  and intercourse is a non starter.

A year ago I came off systemic  HRT and within weeks I developed the burning and itching that so many ladies report. I experimented with various moisturisers and have found a morning and evening application of YesVM keeps me comfortable. I have never used Vagifem and only apply the moisturiser externally. Additionally I used to but my knees together before a cough or sneeze but noticed recently that I don't need to do this anymore.

Obviously VA doesn't go away and clearly I had mild symptoms but after the initial shock of stopping HRT my body seems to have adjusted. I now find that I am no worse off than when I was taking it and maybe a bit better.

Although my VA isn't too bad I have other distressing meno symptoms so I don't feel particularly fortunate.

Take care ladies.

K.

Lyncola

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2020, 09:42:18 AM »

I'm using Vagifem, Ovestin externally and yes two times a day.

Two weeks ago I finished doing a Vagifem reloading and back to two times a week, but the last 4 days I been the best I've been since Christmas, I would say 95% normal.

it's seems strange to have a normal feeling virgina. But why is it if one problem is good something else will play up, now if I could stop pooping blood I will be happy

Sparrow

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2020, 11:12:44 AM »

Lyncola, have you had the blood in poo checked out.  If not you really should, asap.

CLKD

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2020, 11:36:28 AM »

Lycola - is it fresh blood or black .......... maybe have a chat with your GP?  It may be a small tear or something that needs investigations.  We shouldn't blame menopause for everything.

Kathleen

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2020, 05:02:06 PM »

Hello again ladies.

Avalon -  I think my  experience is a bit unusual because my VA really got going after coming off HRT but then seemed to resolve with only minimal treatment.  All of which seems very peculiar and I've probably jinxed it now lol. 

I'm still struggling with other meno symptoms namely anxiety, irritability and tearfulness  every day.  In the evening the horrible jittery feelings in my stomach /abdomen disappear and I feel okay but the whole thing starts up again the next morning.

I had the same experience with meno headaches years ago and after six months they stopped  completely and never returned. I was hoping that the jitters etc would follow the same course but if not I will definitely consider HRT again.  Perhaps our varying symptoms are caused by a different distribution of oestrogen receptive cells and for some reason  I have more of these in my abdomen than in my ahem, lady parts.

I have read many posts about the misery that severe VA can cause so it's a shame that Tibolone didn't also help with your other meno issues. Nothing is ever straightforward is it!

Wishing you well.

K.

suzysunday

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2020, 08:09:06 PM »

I don't know if it's true but heard that smoking could contribute to VA, also not having children?  I was on the mini pill ( contraceptive) for a number of years because I used to smoke.  I did not have a period while on it, unlike when I was on the combined pill.  It didn't seem a problem at the time but not having a bleed all that time maybe contributed to my VA later. 

Maryjane

« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2020, 08:22:29 PM »

I would say the majority of ladies in my group didn't smoke, the majority have had children. The pill can cause dryness. My gynae will say it's simply due to decline in oestrogen which cause physiological changes collegan etc & it's very common.

I never smoked, or went on the pill & I had 3 9lb babies .
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 08:58:21 AM by Maryjane »

CLKD

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2020, 08:22:47 AM »

Vaginal atrophy is due to a drop of oestrogen which may cause the body to become dry, including the vaginal area.  I never smoked.  No children by choice.  Anorexic from age 3.  Was on The Pill for 11 years be4 being sterilised in my mid 20s.  VA is a fact of Life for many ladies which GPs don't recognise and which women didn't talk about.

Until now  ;)

Sammiejane

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2020, 09:05:00 AM »

morning ladies

this may be TMI but here goes

i started with my first menopausal symtom were from the normal flushes as watery discharge i thought i was piddling little drops of urine but no smell clear like water . after seeing gynocologist was told possible VA although didn't hurt having sex didn't feel dry really and no soreness however this is the part i found interesting in that when i've inserted finger to apply ovestin to a particular spot i did notice at the start that the inside of my vagina walls were like a web effect and have noticed over the last 18mths this is no more the tissue are smooth once again i still get the odd watery discharge but just thought i'd share because this may be a sign for some of you ladies even if you don't feel sore dry or hurts with intercourse the other thing to note is that from what gynocologist has told me is with VA some ladies can be very dry down there and others can have this watery discharge so have a feel inside because although u may not have the obvious  symtoms like myself the web effect inside is a sign x

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2020, 12:35:50 PM »

Regardless of 'stats' the condition requires regular treatment to keep symptoms at bay.

Kathleen

« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2020, 12:47:19 PM »

Hello again ladies.

I was interested to read that vaginal tissue can become inflamed as well as thinner and dryer. I wonder if anti inflammatory drugs could be of help? As I have my blood tested every six months I know that my inflammation levels are below normal range so could that be why my VA seems fairly mild?  Food for thought perhaps.

Wishing you all well.

K.

Sparrow

« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2020, 01:36:25 PM »

Yes, hot baths and bubbles are a definite no.  Messes up the tissues natural moisture in that area.  Wipes in that area are also problematic.

Kathleen

« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2020, 02:32:30 PM »

Hello again ladies.

Perhaps I am just one of those women whose VA is mild and easily managed. Perhaps the  itching and burning that begun after coming off HRT will return at some point. Until then I'll plod along with my YesVM cream and hope for the best.

Take care everyone.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2020, 03:11:15 PM »

I have never had problems with warm bubble bath etc..   However, 1 canastan capsule sent me into a cool bath for several hours  :-\
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4