Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Pain in the vuilva  (Read 1425 times)

Yvonnepi

• First Flush
Pain in the vuilva
« on: June 30, 2020, 03:47:36 PM »

For two years now I have had extreme discomfort when sitting.  I am on hormone patches and use a hormone cream.  I have had multiple tests so there are no STDs or infection.  Is it vulvodynia? 
It is pretty unbearable.
Any ideas?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Pain in the vuilva
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 04:06:49 PM »

OUCH!

:welcomemm:   I wonder which hormone cream you use?  Is it every night?  Some ladies using 'vagifem' require it nightly as well as using 'yes' or 'sylc' products.  Do have a look at the web-sites, you may be able to order freebies ;-)

We have threads on almost everything, including vaginal atrophy.  Read round.  Make notes ;-)

Joaniepat

Re: Pain in the vuilva
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 07:01:37 PM »

Hi Yvonnepi, so sorry to hear about your pain. What cream are you using and how often? Have you been checked for anything else other than infection? (Skin conditions or pelvic floor dysfunction, for example.) Have you had a look to see if there is inflammation or any lesions? Vulvodynia is just an umbrella term for pain in the vulva, so there could be any number of causes.

Jane Lewis's private Vaginal Atrophy Facebook page is a good place to discuss your symptoms and perhaps get some answers.

JP x