Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Estradiol gel and itching  (Read 1303 times)

3isenough

Estradiol gel and itching
« on: July 25, 2020, 09:46:23 PM »

So I changed from estradot patches because I developed a skin irritation, I’ve been using gel oestradose for 2 weeks and it is making my arms itch, I have tried on my upper thighs for a few days to confirm it was the gel making my arms itch and thighs were fine but obviously I am concerned they might not be long term. Anyone else?

Hurdity

Re: Estradiol gel and itching
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 08:10:50 AM »

Unfortunately some women do find their skin irritated by some of the filler/carrier ingredients of either gel or patches. You just have to find the product that doesn't produce this reaction and that works for you.

Good luck!

Hurdity x

Joaniepat

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 10:36:37 AM »

There is another gel, Sandrena, which you could ask to try if problems recur with your existing product. It comes in single use sachets and is different in terms of fillers/carriers.
JP x

SueLW

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 03:18:04 PM »

We also now have the option of Lenzetto spray for oestrogen in the UK.  It was finally licensed in April this year.  It is sprayed onto the inside of the arm in a controlled way using an applicator.  Very easy to use and doesn't smell as strongly of alcohol, although there is a smell.  It dries in a couple of minutes, if that.  So you could try that if your legs decide they don't like the gel either.

3isenough

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2020, 07:15:30 PM »

Thanks. I’m hoping it will be ok on my legs.
With 4 pumps I need a fair bit of skin to put it on...