Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 422

Author Topic: Wild Birds and all things to do with Nature  (Read 1100659 times)

jaypo

Re: Wild Birds and all things to do with Nature
« Reply #4395 on: March 23, 2019, 03:19:53 PM »

Oh wow, I didn't know that taz,wonder how my dog got it?maybe it was exhausted?ater all its fluttering I mean.
As for ladybirds,we seriously have thousands of them,used to think they were cute til we moved here,now they come in in their droves,also all over the washing 🤨

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4396 on: March 23, 2019, 03:20:46 PM »

We have rape beetle later in the year, they land on anything yellow  ;D.  If the bird was on the ground the dog would pick it up.  No problem.

jaypo

« Reply #4397 on: March 23, 2019, 03:42:57 PM »

Don't say beetle,I've a real phobia,never seen a may bug til I moved down here waaaaaaaaaaaaa HAVE YOU SEEN THOSE THINGS?!?!

CLKD

« Reply #4398 on: March 23, 2019, 03:44:47 PM »

Anyone noticed netting on trees and covering hedge-rows etc.:  >:(

Jack Taylor, from the Woodland Trust, believes putting up netting shows "an alarming disregard for the welfare of wildlife".

"While not an illegal practice, we consider that netting hedges and trees during the nesting and breeding season is inappropriate," he says.

An RSPB spokesman says we "cannot keep trying to squeeze nature into smaller and smaller spaces or demanding it fits in with our plans.
"We are looking to the government to not just ask planners and developers to think about whether it is necessary to remove the trees and hedgerows that are vital for supporting our wildlife, but to ensure that developers replace what they take away."

Taz2

« Reply #4399 on: March 23, 2019, 04:02:45 PM »

Bovis Homes have issued a statement that they will be removing netting from their sites.

Taz x

Taz2

« Reply #4400 on: March 23, 2019, 04:06:40 PM »

Don't say beetle,I've a real phobia,never seen a may bug til I moved down here waaaaaaaaaaaaa HAVE YOU SEEN THOSE THINGS?!?!

I love them. They are so prettily striped underneath. I'm the Chief Maybug Putter-outer in the pub.  ;D

Taz x

jaypo

« Reply #4401 on: March 23, 2019, 04:09:41 PM »

Good on you taz,I'd be the one cowering in the corner😬 I never kill anything,well,bar wasps if I can help it,no matter how scared I am lol been stung once too often by wasps though

Taz2

« Reply #4402 on: March 23, 2019, 05:11:04 PM »

Noooo! Wasps are such great pollinators and aphid eaters. I agree it's not good to be stung though but they do so much good for us.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #4403 on: March 23, 2019, 05:21:12 PM »

NEVER kill a wasp - it's Bad Luck  ;)

How did the phobia start?  I have a phobia which can never be cured  :'( but am happy to assist anyone that needs it.  Raised int he countryside the things we kill are rats and flies; in no particular order.  Those may bugs well they can sound enormous - we had lots two years ago but didn't see any last year  ::).  Wasps and bees do 'good'.  Ants do 'good', I put sugar around the house near to where the nests are: they never come inside but take it underground.  I spend hours watching wasps and bees.  If you tell a wasp to leave the house, as long as you open the door wide enough, it will go ........  wasp stings don't hurt as much as that left by a bee! 

Tnx Taz - apparently there's a row of hedging in Warwickshire that's been under wraps for 3 years, however, looking at the photo it is obvious that the netting has been moved so that the hedge can be slashed!!  :bang:

jaypo

« Reply #4404 on: March 23, 2019, 06:11:11 PM »

Sorry ladies I hate them,they're the only things I can't stand,sitting outside minding my own business and they just won't leave me alone🤬 don't mind bees at all although I have been stung by one but was a complete accident,didn't see the bee on the underside of a door handle and grabbed handle to open door,my god it was painful.
Beetles phobia came from childhood,back then I didn't know they could fly and I was very close to it,inspecting it and it flew up into my face,screamed the place down,can't be near them now ☹️

CLKD

« Reply #4405 on: March 23, 2019, 06:15:22 PM »

That is so understandable.  Even suggesting that you are bigger than they are ? ..........

I've been bitten by a spider whilst gardening  ::).  You may put out some kind of 'scent' when sitting outdoors.

Taz2

« Reply #4406 on: March 23, 2019, 06:17:55 PM »

You may put out some kind of 'scent' when sitting outdoors.

...jaypo smells like an aphid?  ;D

Taz  ;D

jaypo

« Reply #4407 on: March 23, 2019, 06:18:44 PM »

🤨
😂😆🤣

CLKD

« Reply #4408 on: March 23, 2019, 06:19:17 PM »

If someone squeezes her hard enough?  Fear has it's own odour .........

jaypo

« Reply #4409 on: March 23, 2019, 06:21:49 PM »

Oh god knows what could happen if you did that 😂
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 422