General Discussion > This 'n' That

Wild Birds and all things to do with Nature

(1/1264) > >>

Taz2:
As we had a baby starlings topic going I thought we could put all things wildlife (not that sort of wild life ladies!!) in one place.

I will start with a starling update. This week, unfortunately, I have lost two babies to the cats and one to a baddie crow which has taken a liking to our garden. However, I still have upwards of 20 youngsters eating, fighting and bathing everyday in my small back garden. They are very funny and they cheer me up no end.

Taz x

yogini:
Somebody was telling me that we have The Painted Lady Butterfly here this year, a browny sort of colour.  Has anyone spotted one yet?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Annika:
I planted butterfly attracting flowers this year but honestly I haven't seen hardly any or bees for that matter. I wonder whats going on? The price of honey is going through the roof, we usually buy from our local beekeepers (Orange blossom) its good for them and it tastes great. Annika xx

Cazikins:
I saw a stag beetle last week Taz, honest I did. I thought it was a bat or something hovering over my head - but hubby pointed out to me that it was a stag beetle & when I had the courage to look up he was right..

We get to see them a lot at this time of the year, I don't really like them but I know they are becoming quite rare so thought I should log it on here.
xx

CLKD:
Painted Ladies have been blown across The Channel in their 1000s, have seen a few in Northants.  Starlings have gone, only about 6 hanging around nagging the parents.  Blackbirds x 2 males, 1 robin and several sparrows still after meal worms, will need to ordermore tomorrow.

A blackbird flew into our utllity room this morning, I had to grab him by the tail in order to take him outside, did he swquark or what  ;D ........ have kept the doors shut since.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version