Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Buzzing in head/ears  (Read 1439 times)

jasmine5

Buzzing in head/ears
« on: April 26, 2021, 09:11:21 AM »

I woke up a few days ago with a very annoying buzzing noise in my head/ear!  It’s really loud and scary and feels as if my head is pressurised and might blow any moment!  I’ve been feeling the effects of what I suspect is low oestrogen levels lately namely everything feeling dry, itchy, joint pain etc, I’ve also had a few adrenaline surges on waking. 

I’m wondering if the buzzing is just another symptom of low oestrogen or something else?  I’d like to hear anyone else’s experience of this and will it get any better as I don’t know if I could live with this long-term.  :'(

sheila99

Re: Buzzing in head/ears
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 09:43:40 AM »

It's called tinnitus. It can be caused by low oestrogen but also by an inner ear problem. Sometimes it seems to start for no reason at all. Is it in one ear or both? I have it regularly in one ear caused by an infection years ago and very occasionally in the other one. If it seems like an infection, particularly if you have pain, you should see your gp.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 11:23:20 AM »

Tinnitus is annoying.  I often wonder when I tune in, how long my ear/s have been buzzing  ::).  Musicians suffer as to many who attend/ed loud concerts over the years.

There is a Tinnitus Society.  4 me it sounds like the noise is slightly behind each ear but although I know it's in my head, it sounds like it's outside  ::)

Ju Ju

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 04:46:13 PM »

My uncle complained to the council about a constant noise, only to find it was tinnitus. My dad had tinnitus, but his was caused by being bombed in his home in WW2. His hearing was affected too, which deteriorated with age.