Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: 'Spaced-out' feeling after Oxford AstraZenica?  (Read 2128 times)

Iris67

'Spaced-out' feeling after Oxford AstraZenica?
« on: April 11, 2021, 10:25:43 AM »

I put it down to various things, the UTI, the antibiotics etc. but after all those have finished I have a 'spaced-out' feeling after having my jab 2 weeks ago. A few people have described this (on here and friends) but only for a week max.

It's a sense of vagueness (what day is it?) and mental maths is a bit harder than normal. Has anyone else experienced this?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: 'Spaced-out' feeling after Oxford AstraZenica?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 11:29:53 AM »

Daily.  4 various reasons ........ usually due to not having slept 'well'.  I have very busy, involved, long dreams which leave me feeling hung
over  :-\.  Also I take regular medication and have noted that when weeding, after a while I feel woozy.  Then I get up and have a banana or lunch ;-)

I get my 2nd one next month so will up date you !

Gnatty

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2021, 03:14:15 PM »

Iris, I too feel a bit spaced  out, I had my jab three weeks go. It would be easy to go down the rabbit hole of fear and believe me I have felt myself slipping over the edge. But, but and but - I feel like this when I am anxious and I am anxious about so many things right now, not least this bloody vaccine! My older 2 children live abroad - will it be safe for them to come home and stay with us, when will life ever be normal again. Will I ever see my parents who live in Spain. (It doesn't seem morally the right thing to do right now and go abroad, possibly bring back variants etc. And then of course - should we get our second jabs. Its just too much for the brain to deal with. No wonder I am not taking in anything my husband says to me!! Of course now I think I have dementia...

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2021, 04:57:26 PM »

C-19 is far worse than the effects of vaccines. 

People can't come in from abroad without isolating.  I wouldn't want to give Europe my money after all their fuss about our vaccines  >:(  ::)

Gnatty

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2021, 05:08:43 PM »

Yes indeed. Luckily we have space so if my children were allowed a visit they could isolate here. I appreciate what you say about Europe but when your elderly parents live in Spain there is a moral imperative as well as simple desire to see them. This is why my brain is worn out.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2021, 05:20:55 PM »

Have they been offered vaccination? or is Spain hanging onto it's stocks?  How long would the journey be to visit?

As a child I wanted to go to Spain ........ I think the horses, flamenco dresses and music were a draw 4 me.  I made up my mind about 12 months ago that I will take medication, get a Passport and travel ...........  ::)

Iris67

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2021, 05:22:37 PM »

Gnatty - that is a lot to deal with - 2 children and parents all abroad! It almost feels like you mind is 'paralysed' with that kind of worry doesn't it? That contributes to the vagueness. A good description I once heard was 'scattered'. I often feel like one more thing really will push me over.

I have daft worries about dementia too, despite being 'statistically' too young. I even took an online test today just to be sure  ::)

I'm fairly certain it's a pharmaceutical cause for mine though. Probably the vaccine, although antibiotics are vicious things.

Gnatty

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2021, 05:57:02 PM »

Iris67, the way I am looking at it, by the time we need our second dose there will be a lot more info out there for us to make an informed decision. It may still be the UTI that is making you woosy. I think they are well known for doing that.

I like your description 'scattered'. That's me. Just poured glass of wine so all will be well for a while! Then in the morning I will beat myself up for it. Such are the workings of our silly brains!

Gnatty

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2021, 02:55:27 PM »

Sorry CLKD, only just seen your earlier post. It's interesting the vaccination situation in Spain. Although they have been slow to start my parents have actually beaten us to receiving their second dose as they are injecting first and second only three weeks apart. So in that respect there has been a catching up/ overtaking. Although they are not doing any under 60s yet I don't think.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2021, 02:59:10 PM »

:thankyou: