Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 82

Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 167172 times)

Two hoots

Re: Cycling
« Reply #630 on: December 17, 2018, 04:55:05 PM »

I voted for him  ;D delighted he won, I'm not sure if he can quite believe that he actually won the Tour de France  ::)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #631 on: December 17, 2018, 05:21:11 PM »

He still looks numb.  I think he sees it as a job which might encourage people to get on their bikes, rather than being a celebratory?  We voted  :D

Two hoots

« Reply #632 on: January 14, 2019, 10:37:35 AM »

New cycling season is starting with the Tour Down Under, won't be long until the spring classics  :)

CLKD

« Reply #633 on: January 14, 2019, 11:04:00 AM »

:bouncing:  we watched a programme about Geraint last week - in Welsh  ;D except when he was interviewed.

Two hoots

« Reply #634 on: January 14, 2019, 12:06:56 PM »

:bouncing:  we watched a programme about Geraint last week - in Welsh  ;D except when he was interviewed.

I watched it but I think I might have understood slightly more  ;D I'm not a welsh speaker but I can understand, his wife seems really nice, she commentates sometimes for S4C.

CLKD

« Reply #635 on: January 14, 2019, 12:22:21 PM »

I would have understood years ago  ::) ........ but it's a bit fast for me these days  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #636 on: January 30, 2019, 04:48:38 PM »

Lots last weekend about Victoria Pendleton and depression.

It's high time that all sports tackled retirement prior to the activity.  Jorge Lorenzo stated on 9th Dec that he had suffered depression at the thought of not being a MotoGP racer.  These sports people begin so early that they have nothing to fall back on.  Their brains get used to a certain level of adrenaline and as this becomes less, their body goes into melt down.  It's a dreadful feeling, I've had it 3 times and it scared me a lot. I had to walk away from the causation  :-\.

Also they lack the support from a group of trainers etc. as well as access to medical assistance.  They may no longer feel needed .  The man in the street usually has a plan: school, exams., job/Uni., hobbies .......... whereas professionals are forced to be focussed which really isn't good for their over-all health.

Not all can go into broadcasting at the end of their chosen sport career. 

Two hoots

« Reply #637 on: January 30, 2019, 05:26:35 PM »

An ex Wales and British lions rugby player has also been speaking of his struggles and panic attacks.  The more people in the public eye that come forward to share their experiences the better, it's not something to be hidden, if they need help they should be able to ask for it without any hesitation.

CLKD

« Reply #638 on: January 30, 2019, 05:39:07 PM »

Yep.  Pity the sports World doesn't get together at Forums to discuss how they are feeling during/after which could then lead to centres being opened? For them to discuss with the public and make it OK to talk about feelings.

Victoria told the reader that she went and did something on the water in a warm country - mind completely blank  :-\ - but of course, that raised her adrenaline levels, so of course, she felt better.  Surfing I think  ???.  But that doesn't address the on-going problem of a drop of adrenaline ..........

CLKD

« Reply #639 on: February 23, 2019, 08:44:10 PM »

Monday 10th June 2019 - Ladies Grand Dept - Suffolk: town to be announced

Shadyglade

« Reply #640 on: February 24, 2019, 09:11:32 AM »

I can't get into Ladies Cycling.  Don't know why :-\

Two hoots

« Reply #641 on: February 24, 2019, 10:33:38 AM »

I don't really follow the ladies road races either but I like to watch their track races.

Ben Swift had a nasty training ride crash in Tenerife , he's been in intensive care but is now back in a ward, I think he said his spleen was bleeding  :-\ I know that Geraint a Thomas had to have his spleen removed after a crash  :o

Not long now until the spring classics  :)

CLKD

« Reply #642 on: February 24, 2019, 04:03:10 PM »

Not enough muscle or thighs perhaps ?  ;).  I like going to the Departs for the buzz although never see anyone 'famous' as they all look like seals in their Lycra  ;D

I did see about Ben ....... OUCH springs to mind, particularly the gravel rash  :o  :-X

Two hoots

« Reply #643 on: March 02, 2019, 10:36:18 AM »

Spring classics start today

:banana:

CLKD

« Reply #644 on: March 02, 2019, 10:50:22 AM »

Yippee.  Another excuse not to do any housework  ;D

Then MotoGP next week, F1 soon .......... must be Summer  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 82