Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Breast screening  (Read 1734 times)

Tc

Breast screening
« on: June 18, 2020, 12:24:56 PM »

Hiya ladies. I've just phoned the breast screening hub.  My screen is due this summer and I thought I'd see what the situation is. I was told breast screening is on hold and has been since March and they are waiting to hear from Public Health England on when they can resume. They are looking at possibly July/August  in my (London) borough.

She did stress that if I have any breast issues then absolutely not to leave it or wait for an appt to come through but to contact GP as they are doing emergency scans if needed. 

I just thought it might be helpful to share what I was told.

Xxx
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 12:27:08 PM by Tc »

Dotty

Re: Breast screening
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 02:00:49 PM »

Thanks for that....mine is due July and I was wondering whether it would go ahead. X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 02:10:46 PM »

:thankyou:  4 the update.

It's awful that hospitals are using C-19 as an excuse.  Is this hug involved with dealing with C-19 patients, if not there's really no need not to continue with screening - for any conditions.

How does one know if one should contact a GP or not  :-\

Tc

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 04:23:02 PM »

I didnt even know the hub existed til today.

I assumed they meant contact the gp with any obvious worrying symptoms. But maybe not everyone knows what to look out for.  It might have been useful  to have publicly told women that screening has been suspended and give the advice about not waiting for an appt if you are concerned about something  and to give a reminder of how to check breasts, what other changes to look out for and when to  contact GP.  Maybe they've  done this and I missed it. 

X