Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Advice please about hrt  (Read 1083 times)

Julie6919

• First Flush
Advice please about hrt
« on: June 05, 2020, 03:26:14 PM »

I'm 51. When I was 28 and expecting my second child they found a cyst on my ovary. After my baby was born they removed my ovary because the cyst weighed 10lbs. I then started suffering from panic attacks. I asked the doctor numerous times if it could be down to hormones he kept saying no. When I was 43 I had my second ovary out due to a cyst on it. The gynocologist put me straight on premique 0.625/5mg tablet as I still had my uterus. I started to feel normal almost straight away, my panic attacks stopped. After 5 years on Premique they stopped producing it so the doctor put me on 2mg Estradiol and 5 mg Provera. I never felt as good with anxiety and moods.Then last year I started bleeding and they found my womb lining to be 3 times thicker than it should be. So I had a Mirena coil fitted and put on Estraderm (100) patches. I have just asked to be taken off the patches and to try  Premarin as that is the same had what was in premique because I have low mood,anxiety,aching joints,numbness in hand and dangers at night,sinuses have been worse,burning pain in my head along with headaches and just generally felling rubbish. I'm just fed up with how I feel every day. I just want to feel normal. Sorry for long post.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Advice please about hrt
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 03:33:28 PM »

Hi that's not a long post by any means ;-)

:welcomemm:   why don't GPs recognise hormonal anxiety and depression after all, post natal depression is well known.

Browse round.  Make notes.  Maybe put the medication names into the search box on the forum.  Make notes.

As oestrogen levels drop the body may become dry: inside and out : skin, nostrils, scalp, vagina, eyes, deep in the ears ..... as well as muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  All normal but all at once can feel over whelming.  Try an over the counter pain relief when necessary?

Julie6919

• First Flush
Re: Advice please about hrt
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 03:45:50 PM »

Thank you CKLD for your reply.
 I try to read up on different medication because When I was taken off 2mg Estradiol and put on Estraderm 100 patch I read that it released 1mg Estradiol per 24 hours but the doctor told me it was the same but when I asked the pharmacy they said it was only 1mg.
I asked if I could be referred to a Menopausal clinic which I have got a phone consultation with in 2 weeks time.