Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Palpitations and dizziness  (Read 1420 times)

jaycee

Palpitations and dizziness
« on: June 01, 2020, 01:26:09 PM »

Maybe too much sun, but been shopping this morning felt fine, but went outside to sit in the sun, and suddenly got palpitations and went a bit dizzy, only for seconds really i think,but frightening
Also got unsettled bowels, which can make me feel a bit strange sometimes, so might have been that :-\

jaypo

Re: Palpitations and dizziness
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 03:40:58 PM »

Hi Jaycee,oh the dreaded palpations, I had them last night,thought my heart was going to jump through my chest,most of the female side of my family have all suffered with them,are you anxious? Could be the cause of the dizziness but this heat definitely doesn't help 🥵🥵

jaycee

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 03:49:37 PM »

Hi Jaypo,i'm not especially anxious, but always a bit stressed, also when my bowels play up, i sometimes feel the palpitations are from my stomach, but i don't like the dizziness,
I probably have had too much sun as well, i have been stuck in the house for 10 weeks,
Well not exactly inside as i have a garden, but not gone shopping or anything,until last week,managed to go to a local garden centre :)
I'm not shielding ,but over 70 so obeyed the rules
Feeling better now,and i think palpitations give you more palpitations because you feel panicky
Also been feeling it's a bit harder to breathe, but apparently lots of people feeling the same, due to pollen and heat
Otherwise very well :)

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2020, 05:29:23 PM »

Oh yes the pollen count  >:( my throat has been so sore and feels like my throat is closing up at times but I know it's hay fever.
Have you had an ecg lately? Don't know how many I've had but they've always come back ok. Blood pressure ok? Mine can go very low sometimes and I can suffer dizziness due to that.
Isn't it fun getting old? Be careful with that dizziness,can throw you off balance xx

jaycee

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2020, 10:50:56 PM »

I have had an ECGin the past,just in  routine checkups but i do tend to have low blood pressure

I felt hungry, but i wasn't i had not long before had some lunch,
I have been feeling quite light headed recently, and lethargic,i haven't been sleeping very well mainly waking early
Same as most people just now i guess,lockdown fatigue
Now feel bloated after my tea,can't win

jaypo

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2020, 08:12:58 AM »

Maybe books yourself a bit of an MOT at the dr,just to check all your vitals,my BP can be as low as 98 if I stand too quickly I literally see stars. I don't know if you?re on any other medication but have you tried stugeron for your dizziness? I take it for travel sickness but my dr prescribed it for dizziness you take it at a higher dose of two 3 times daily,it really helped me

jaycee

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2020, 10:49:53 AM »

Hi Jaypo, no not on any medication at all, but i do have vertigo sometimes,which i was dreading that dizziness yesterday to turn into.
I have stemetil,  to take if i have a an episode, but they are very few and far between ,it often seems to happen with change of temperature,usually cold