Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Night sweats  (Read 596 times)

annieb

Night sweats
« on: June 09, 2020, 06:56:44 AM »

Not sure if there is a discussion already as can't find anything
I'm 61 - last period 6 years ago. Meno brain, panic attacks, generally feeling yuck till  about 12 months ago and then started to feel a little better. Had hot flushes but strangely only at 10.30 in the evening - regular as clockwork.  These stopped about 6 months ago and was free for a month or so THEN they came back with a vengeance during the night.  I wake 2 or 3 times a night drenched in sweat and generally feeling awful. Then about 11am I get a less severe episode which actually makes me feel dizzy.  Thought it might be due to the warm weather but now it's cooler same thing is happening
Any suggestions ? (apart from HRT) . It's really getting me down now as haven't had a decent nights sleep for months

jaypo

Re: Night sweats
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 08:24:31 AM »

Hi Annie,this is me too,all I can suggest is get a big fan by your bed,I find that if you catch the flush before it takes hold you can stop it from being a full blown sweat,my duvet is on and off through the night but just getting that cold blast is enough. I also have those little rechargeable fans so I can pop them in my handbag,not one of those little twirly things,they?re useless. Oestrogen controls our adrenaline and once it diminishes the adrenaline surges start,hence the flushes x

annieb

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 08:43:20 AM »

:) Sounds like a plan - certainly during the morning episode I go outside and that helps . Problem at night is that I wake already sweating but think I might still invest in a fan.  What with that and hubbies snoring some nights it's just hardly worth going to bed.   ::)

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 09:22:34 AM »

Haha,I've got that problem too,OH snores but hey,the fan drowns out Mr porky,so bonus  ;D

annieb

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 09:25:57 AM »

;D ;D ;D