Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Rights at work  (Read 2255 times)

Penguin99

Re: Rights at work
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2020, 04:26:34 PM »

Did you just ask?  As I said, this must be done officially,  ask for a flexible working form and fill it in and get it back to them. If your condition falls under the equality act ( please check first) then you can use this as a reasonable adjustment for a disability. They have to officially look at it and respond within 28days ( statutory procedure). If it does class as a diisability and there isn't an option on the form where it says " are you applying under the equality act?" Or similar, make sure you write it where it asks for your reasons that you are applying. Im no expert but i have dealt with flexible working applications. If I can help, just ask :)
Good luck

KarineT

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2020, 07:43:45 PM »

Baby, I'm so sorry that you're having severe anxiety.  I have it as well but it's mild to moderate.  I'm peri and I do hope that it won't get worse in postmeno.  That"s my biggest fear.  It's a real nightmare for some women here.  I didn't realise that this crappy meno could really affect someone so much in the workplace and cause a disability.  They should be understanding in the workplace but I feel that quite often they are not.

Karine

Penguin99

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2020, 08:59:52 PM »

Hi Karine, I'm not saying that menopause is classed as a disability but the anxiety/depression could be, depends how long you've had it and whether doctors are aware and no doubt some other factors. I hope I haven't confused anyone ???  I have dealt with flexible working and understand the difference between just applying and applying where a medical condition is classed as a disability, it makes a much stronger case if it does. Like I say I'm no expert but my husband is classed as having a disability.  Not through menopause  :D , although he is going through it with me  ;D ;D
Best wishes

KarineT

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2020, 02:16:46 PM »

I understand how you all feel.  For example today, I woke up feeling but now I feel strange and low.  It's a nightmare.  I haven't had a period since January this year and it looks like I'm heading towards the menopause.  That's provided I don't get another period between now and January 2021.  Although I heard that the ovaries can have a last fling and some ladies get another period even after 12 months.  The more I go without a period the better so hopefully I will start to feel better postmeno.

Baby

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2020, 09:57:51 PM »

I had mild to moderate in peri but of course never realised I was in peri like so many ladies on here. My periods went from 28 to 30 days as regular as clockwork..then I didn't see for three months, then six months then no more. I think that is why meno has hit me so hard my periods just went from regular to none existant in just over twelve months. I exist now I don't live. I have absolutely no feel good hormones it doesn't matter what I do. I swim jog do yoga, do mindfulness just full of panic and fear all day? :'(

Baby

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2020, 10:15:18 PM »

Oh and a friend of mine whose work were brilliantly with her when she was in meno told me menopause is although not classed as a disability in law it is classed for some women as disabling and they have a reasonable duty of care to help. It's just crazy because if I go off sick they have to pay me full pay. I am entitled to this because of my years of service. Yet they won't just be a bit flexible. Incidentally I had a girl working with me this week who doesn't usually work where I do and said she was on phased return to work so she was putting her to work with me. Obviously she had been on sick leave and I didn't ask her but she told me she had been off with stress. So why do I feel guilty about doing it? I now the answer though because all my working life whether a matter of luck because I always used to be such a healthy person and never a sick note person (we all have them at work) it just goes totally against my nature. But it just shows you are just a number at work these days. :(

Penguin99

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2020, 11:13:37 PM »

Ask them for a form, you can put your reason for applying to do with stress/anxiety. If its on a flexible working application form they are not allowed to ignore it, they dont have to agree but they have to follow statutory procedure. Have a look at citizens advice re flexible working, full of great information.

Taz2

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2020, 06:11:44 AM »

Thank you for your posts Penguin99. They are really useful.  :thankyou:

Taz x  :)

Penguin99

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2020, 12:12:04 PM »

You're very welcome. I hate to see people being treated unfairly because they don't know their rights, whether it be to do with work or consumer rights. I always said I should have been a lawyer :).
I do seriously consider being a union representative,  my husband says I'd make a good one  ;D I don't have too many problems at work as I put them straight, my husband did though, they tried to do him out of holiday entitlement,  needless to say, he got it in the end ;D
Pages: 1 [2]