Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Covid rule breakers next door.  (Read 13061 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Covid rule breakers next door.
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2020, 10:49:00 AM »

I was going to post a response but it's flown out the window  :o OH I remember - I understand that childrens' playgrounds in Parks remain out of bounds.  Some bright spark in our village took down the notifications on Friday evening and hid the red/white tape which was around the play equipment and there have been lots of kids playing 'normally'.  Everyone moaning on FB but no one 'phoned the Police  :-\ ........ I don't have a problem if equipment is wiped down after use but in this 'some one else will clear up' Era ........

Penguin99

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2020, 07:23:43 PM »

Problem now is that people just won't  care, if the government get away with it then why should everyone else bother? However I will still bother I have vulnerable relatives to protect. Personally I think DC should be sacked, its disgraceful.  Stay at home meant stay at home!
I've noticed far more people passing by today and I live in a very quiet cul de sac ( close to aonb) and saw on the news people saying they won't bother sticking to it anymore. We've come so far and it could all be for nothing :(
I also don't think schools should be opening yet, parents mixing at the school gates >:(

CLKD

« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2020, 07:32:42 PM »

It won't be for nothing.  Most of us have thus far been good at being aware of the dangers - it was all about keeping hospitals open for seriously ill emergency patients.  Which is why the media kept on so that the public didn't think that the NHS was open.  To keep Medical Staff 'safe' and for hospitals not to be over-whelmed.  Hopefully things will be learned across the UK about what could have been done to keep the public safer.

Penguin99

« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2020, 07:43:33 PM »

I so hope it won't be for nothing. When I come home from shopping, i tell my husband not to touch anything, I see to it all, then when I'm done I wash all door handles with bleach & water, I clean my steering wheel, gear stick, handbrake etc. I'm so terrified i will bring it home to one of my family. Like i said before, i unfortunately know people that have died because of this and it just upsets me so much how people can be so ignorant.  People have this thing that it won't happen to them, it doesn't discriminate.
Thankfully there are more good people than bad in this world  :)

CLKD

« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2020, 08:59:03 AM »

Until we can be clear as to how this Virus sticks to surfaces and for how long B4 being wiped, it will be difficult to be sure about how safe our environment might be.  So 'in case' is surely better than 'can't be bothered'?  I do the bin handles and letter box regularly.

However: our local playground has been infiltrated by children.  The warning signage and tapes were ripped down Thursday and Friday and apparently, no social distancing took place.  So the Committee spent almost all of Sat. putting fencing around the whole area at great cost - it will be interesting to see how many take down the fencing!  Also nitrous oxide canisters all over the grounds, in the dykes, along the road side ...... but no one on the Committee wants to involve the Police  :-\.

CLKD

« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2020, 12:04:04 PM »

Watching the BBC1 News - journalists not keeping distances whilst harassing Mr Cummins ............ let it rest.  Let Boris sort it.  But don't allow journalists to break the Law by getting closer than recommended when any MP etc. is leaving their property???? !!!!

jaypo

« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2020, 12:18:49 PM »

it's all ridiculous,they?re getting stuck into DC but they are all right in his face,they hypocrisy is laughable.
He did wrong and I agree,let Boris sort it

CLKD

« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2020, 12:26:32 PM »

I'm not being a grumpy old git then ......... as for journalists on the beach reporting: when did that become essential journeys?

Sparrow

« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2020, 12:45:45 PM »

Boris isn't going to sort it though, if he has his way, is he? The bigger picture is we're being lied to, the real story kept from us and any respect we might have had for the pm has gone. Therefore he doesn't stand a hope in hell in reinforcing lockdown should that be necessary.Who will listen to him? So there'll be more spikes. Since when did the rules become friendly advice? Suddenly we've all become bad parents because we DIDN'T  sit in a car for 4 hours with infection to protect our children.A community group 5 mins from Cummings house has tweeted they have volunteer services for exactly these reasons that he could have gone to.Not one question did Boris answer ladt night.It was like Bruce Forsyth's conveyor belt the speed he moved them along. People will now follow their "instincts " and there will be many more deaths.What an insult to those who have died.

Absolutely agree.

jaypo

« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2020, 12:58:03 PM »

I know Teresa,they give you all this bs,oh he was doing it for his kid.....ehhhhh what about all the thousands of other parents who've stayed put regardless,it really does make me fume  >:(

CLKD

« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2020, 02:30:10 PM »

Also - how does isolation tie in with a visit to Barnard Caslte where the streets are narrow  ::) and up hill, down dale .

Barnacle

« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2020, 05:01:38 PM »

What an entitled little twat he is. The last thing i would do if i thought my eyesight might be dodgy is drive.

Unfeckingbelievable!!!!

Blot

« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2020, 05:42:10 PM »

More and more people are interpreting things their own way now it seems. I just hope enough of us are still complying to make a difference.
I've read loads of stuff online and just don't know what to believe any more. I've heard transmission in the community is decreasing and it's hospitals and carehomes that are worse for picking up the virus? Don't know if this is true.

I'm confused and feel very anxious still.

Sparrow

« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2020, 06:23:20 PM »

At the very least his judgment on another planet.

And as for his boss..........  :-X

jaypo

« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2020, 07:01:16 PM »

That's certainly what I heard Teresa,maybe it was just a rule for us lesser mortals  >:(
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10