Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Covid rule breakers next door.  (Read 13066 times)

suzysunday

Re: Covid rule breakers next door.
« Reply #135 on: June 28, 2020, 03:49:43 PM »

Drives me mad seeing all these selfish people crowding and littering.   It really makes me feel stressed and anxious after all the people that have died .  :'(

Sparrow

« Reply #136 on: June 28, 2020, 04:00:46 PM »

Drives me mad seeing all these selfish people crowding and littering.   It really makes me feel stressed and anxious after all the people that have died .  :'(

Personally more angry with the government.  People locked up and then told.' off you go, anywhere so long as it's a day trip ', and guess what, they go out.  I thought they were listening to the science.  Obviously not psychologists.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #137 on: June 28, 2020, 04:02:58 PM »

It's happening in our village.  Mis-use of local Club Grounds - amyl nitrate canisters left behind - cans, dirty underwear .......... the lads have been approached and given advice but don't seem to get the fact that they need to take heed.  Where are the parents?

For years people have had a 'someone else will pick up after me' attitude  :-\

What annoys me is the type of stuff left behind  :o a buggy for example, did the Tax Payer fund that ....... to be left behind?  Too much disposable income ........... also the attitude 'it won't happen to me' and they will expect NHS treatment if they do go down with C-19  :-\

Anything over 4 people is a crowd which the Police can move on and if they refuse, the Riot Act will be read.  Why not apply these Laws  :-\ - because we don't have enough Police to control situations.

Sparrow

« Reply #138 on: June 28, 2020, 05:47:01 PM »

Perhaps everyone is going out to check their eye sight.

Joaniepat

« Reply #139 on: June 28, 2020, 06:31:55 PM »

Perhaps everyone is going out to check their eye sight.
:rofl:

Kathleen

« Reply #140 on: July 01, 2020, 03:45:28 PM »

Hello ladies.

It's amazing to think that the very same disease that  can kill many thousands and disrupt the economies in some countries can be controlled and contained in others.  I suppose it all comes down to how the governments have responded and managed resources. 

I will continue to social distance for the time being and hope that any resurgence of the virus isn't too awful.

Take care ladies.

K.

Ju Ju

« Reply #141 on: July 01, 2020, 06:00:57 PM »

My son lives in the USA, in Maine, where the virus hasn't taken much of a hold. They reacted appropriately and they have had lockdown. No one of is allowed in out of state, which is vital seeing what is going on elsewhere in the USA. My son, as a paramedic, has yet to deal with covid patients, though he has to put on ppe when responding to a call. I listen to a podcast by a journalist from the Washington post. it's shocking how appallingly  badly it's been handled in some other states with no leadership from Trump. Biden is urging for free testing! What kind of system have they created, if you have to pay! Many can't afford to pay, especially as medical insurance is no longer available for some. I am grateful to live here. Our government has made some huge mistakes, but not comparable to to what's going on in the USA.

Kathleen

« Reply #142 on: July 02, 2020, 09:22:55 AM »

Hello again ladies.

Unfortunately the death rate per head of population is greater here than in the US. In total America has the most cases followed by Brazil and then the UK.

As you all know in America a lot of people only get their health insurance through their employer, they can't afford  it otherwise. I used to read a forum of people with Ulcerative Colitis who needed lots of medicines and treatment but had to work full time as well. Their stories of trying to manage their episodes of bloody diahorea , fatigue, weight loss etc whilst holding  down a full time job was heart breaking.  There were also tales of  insurance companies refusing to agree to the treatments that their doctors said they needed.  This is why I want to keep our NHS out of the clutches of the medical insurers.

Take care everyone.

K.

Sparrow

« Reply #143 on: July 02, 2020, 09:35:48 AM »

The American figures are misleading though.  Many state have had very few cases while other have been badly hit.  Taking the 'per head of population figure's' don't really compare well too the UKs because America is such a vast country.  It would be like using the whole of Europe as a comparison. 

The main problem with the States is that Lockdown was not fully enforced.  If fact it only encompassed 50% of the population and that is why their numbers are still rising rapidly, whilst ours are falling.

Do have a listing to 'MORE OR LESS', on BBC 4 on SOUNDS.  It explains it far better than I can.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000kfpy
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 09:52:06 AM by Shadyglade »

Hurdity

« Reply #144 on: July 02, 2020, 12:57:44 PM »

Yes it also depends enormously on how that population is distributed so two areas with same population could have vastly differing covid rates ( ie incidence or deaths per head of population) depending if they are an urban (dense) or rural (dispersed) population.

I like that programme "more or less" but don't always remember to catch it! They always talk sense!

Hurdity x

Kathleen

« Reply #145 on: July 03, 2020, 05:19:46 PM »

Hello again ladies.

Perhaps I was thinking about the numbers as deaths per hundred thousand? I've likely got it all wrong but I recall the article I read concluding that we are not doing much better than America.

Hopefully any spikes in COVID numbers  will be dealt with efficiently from now on. Fingers crossed.

Take care ladies.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #146 on: July 03, 2020, 07:19:29 PM »

US has 52 states which all have their own rules and regulations.  What comes out of America is probably not 2 B relied upon unless 1 has relatives living there.

Interesting to see what will happen once Pubs open tomorrow  :-\

jaypo

« Reply #147 on: July 04, 2020, 08:35:33 AM »

With sturgeon up here being soooooo strict, I didn't know what to expect but everyone's acting just the same as in England,face masks are mandatory here in shops as from Monday (seems random) but when I went for groceries nobody was wearing them,not even the assistants

CLKD

« Reply #148 on: July 04, 2020, 12:37:27 PM »

Our village shop has hand wash outside but are not wiping down baskets any more  :-\

Kathleen

« Reply #149 on: July 04, 2020, 12:59:12 PM »

Hello again ladies.

In the shops I use the assistants tell me they don't need masks as they all have screens to protect them. On television yesterday pub landlords were demonstrating their new table service and all the waiting staff were wearing masks.
I suppose it all depends on how exposed you feel  in your daily life. I still haven't worn my mask while shopping but I have it on me should I feel I need it.

Take care everyone.

K.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]