Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Covid rule breakers next door.  (Read 13070 times)

Chihuahuachick

Covid rule breakers next door.
« on: May 15, 2020, 08:47:03 PM »

My next door neighbour is a covid rule breaker. She has repeatedly had her family round week after week, bbq, kids paddling pool and now a hot tub has appeared.

Just sick of her loud voice, never speaks, always shouts.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Covid rule breakers next door.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 09:22:09 PM »

It amazes me that the Police stop people when they are driving, even legally but don't pick up these oddments of those flouting the rules: as well as not seeing the 14 puppies/dogs stolen from Upwell on Sunday  :'( nor the robberies that continue across the UK.  None of which are essential journeys?

Penguin99

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 09:47:46 PM »

People like that make me so annoyed, if you watched the hospital programme this week on BBC 2, so so sad seeing these fantastic NHS workers and what they go through, it was an amazing programme , I was in tears, it really opens your eyes to what these people are doing for the public. Sorry but because they continually break the rules I'd report them, sorry but I really don't have time for the ignorance of these people. My husband & my mum are both 12 week isolaters & I am so so careful. I got shopping for my mum & left it on her doorstep, she was waving through the window at me,  when I got back to my car that's when she came out & got it. As I said I'd  report them :steamed:

Penguin99

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 09:50:09 PM »

My sons friend who was 22 very sadly passed away from this terrible virus, as did a husband & wife I know (2 weeks apart). May they rip :ange:

Chihuahuachick

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2020, 09:53:38 PM »

Exactly.

People are dying, there is no cure, don't people understand how serious this is.

But the police don't care.

Chihuahuachick

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2020, 10:04:01 PM »

So sorry to hear about the people lost to the virus Penguin. And it's very responsible of you to be abiding by the rules.

I have reported this vile woman 5 times to the police and twice to my MP. Nothing has happened.

I have done as much as I can now. I just don't understand how people can be so irresponsible.

I know I won't sleep tonight after the abusive way the landlord spoke to me.

Penguin99

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2020, 10:24:00 PM »

I'm sorry to hear you have such awful neighbours. Have you tried contacting your local council environmental health department? I would tell them you have reported it 5 times  to the police & twice to the mp.
Like you, I cannot understand the mentality of some people, why people think they are invincible ( which clearly they do) and think it won't affect them and that the law is for everyone else except them. What part of death don't they understand?
I am constantly washing towels, my husband has his own of everything,  he even keeps his toothbrush in a bag in our bedroom,  unfortunately we don't have 2 bathrooms but if I did one would be solely for him. This virus terrifies me. I'm always cleaning door handles, light switches, remotes, telephones etc.
I hope someone will listen to you and take action.
Stay safe xx

KaraShannon

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2020, 10:24:56 PM »

I got shopping for my mum & left it on her doorstep, she was waving through the window at me,  when I got back to my car that's when she came out & got it. As I said I'd  report them :steamed:

Exactly how I am with my mum.  Dropped off shopping today, she waits for me to get in the car and then comes out, waves, we pull a few funny faces, etc, then she takes the shopping in.  These people are putting others at risk as well as themselves.

Penguin, I'm modifying this post because I've just seen what you've posted about those people who've passed due to the virus, so sorry to hear this. 
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 10:29:05 PM by KaraShannon »

Chihuahuachick

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2020, 10:36:52 PM »

Thank you for taking the time to write to me and for being understanding.

I have felt so alone tonight. Like I'm the one thst has done wrong and I have stuck to the rules.

I have had a fitting for my artificial eye cancelled and I am living with wearing an eye that is not fitting correctly. So I am feeling the strain of this virus, not to mention feeling for the people affected by this terrible time.

I am just grateful for being able to self isolate, the NHS workers must be so frightened to go to work.

I don't even get a reply from the MP now! I get Insta posts stating how the MP is there for the constituents and please email if there are any issues!!!! Well what is more of an issue than a constant covid rule breaker?

Ever since lockdown the vile woman's boyfriend has been coming and going and they both work in supermarkets!!!!

I just have run out of the energy to deal with it.

Penguin99

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2020, 10:56:48 PM »

I have felt so alone tonight. Like I'm the one thst has done wrong and I have stuck to the rules.

Bless you, you have done nothing wrong, you are, like me, abiding by the rules and keeping people safe. I just wish people realised if they stick to the rules we'd get out of this a lot quicker.

I hope you get your eye sorted soon. I have had my knee op cancelled & hubby is waiting for an injection in his spine.  We don't complain about this but it means we all have to wait longer because of people not abiding the rules and passing this awful virus on to others. This virus really upsets me, I don't think there's a day that goes by that I don't cry :'( it's just so awful. I blame the tears on the menopause ;D

Chihuahuachick

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2020, 11:38:17 PM »

Thank you so.much Penguine99.

Reading your message is the best I have felt all night.

Sorry to hear you and hubby are waiting for your treatment. I hope you get sorted out soon.

You are so right, don't people understand that the sooner we abide by the rules the better.

Oh I don't know Penguine99, I just don't get people, I really don't.

I am in the perimenopause stage and have been for 6 years. I have suffered from chronic reflux for 18 months. I have now managed to get off all my tablets and my gaviscon. I am so relieved. Plus my psoriasis has settled and my IBS.

I know how these symptoms can grip us.

I feel for you finding the situation so upsetting on a daily basis. I know how impossible it is to master these feelings. I find positive affirmations have helped me so much.

I will probably sleep tonight thanks to you.

I hope you stay happy and well. XxxxX❤❤

Katejo

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2020, 01:55:06 AM »

My sons friend who was 22 very sadly passed away from this terrible virus, as did a husband & wife I know (2 weeks apart). May they rip :ange:

Really sorry to hear this Penguin99. 

I also watched the two Hospital programmes. Found them very moving and wanted to cry myself.

Chihuahuachick

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2020, 02:08:17 AM »

I'm still awake at 3 am. Doesn't surprise me, I know I don't sleep when I am upset.

I will be ok tomorrow.

I hope everyone else is having a restful night.

XxxxX❤❤❤❤❤❤

Sparrow

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2020, 06:29:38 AM »

Really sorry to hear this Penguin99. 

I also watched the two Hospital programmes. Found them very moving and wanted to cry myself.

Don't watch them Katejo.  They are not good for people's mental health.  There is a saturation of Covid related programmes, at the moment,  and it's just too much.  Even unrelated programmes seem to include something about the virus.  I'm forever turning off or changing channels.

Sparrow

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2020, 07:08:19 AM »

My next door neighbour is a covid rule breaker. She has repeatedly had her family round week after week, bbq, kids paddling pool and now a hot tub has appeared.

Just sick of her loud voice, never speaks, always shouts.

Neighbours don't have to have people round to be noisy.  Our neighbour does some sort of exercise class online every day, at 2pm, for an hour.  She does it in the garden with her device on speaker phone and it's bloody annoying.  She also spent 5 days pressure washing her patio.  That even got my husband worked up and he is very patient.

Not sure about reporting breaches.  Not only because I don't think it works but it just doesn't sit right with me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10