Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

twitter facebook instagram blogger

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Do you keep clothes for 'best'?  (Read 18943 times)

Firewalker50

Re: Do you keep clothes for 'best'?
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2011, 09:02:32 AM »

TM - my sister is like that with shoes!  her husband has put his foot down and said shoes in = shes out.  quite funny. 

She gets a lot of her clothes, handbags and shoes in charity shops and I regularly comment how fab something looks without knowing that's where she got it/them.

I am now like Batty.  I find it very upsetting and stressful now.  I don't know about you Batty, but my size and boobs in particular make it a problem.  I hate how I look and how nothing fits properly.  I have been with friends and my daughter and they did not realise how difficult it was until after a day of shopping and trying on many things, nothing was right and I was so upset. 

However, to finish on a positive note - I have quite a few family and friend events coming up that I need to go and I had put off looking.  Went shopping after wrk on Thursday night and found a dress that would actually do all of them and I actually think it looks quite nice on me.  They have it in a plain black with detail and I am tempted to go back and get it for those 'little black number' events, so I have one I can just pull out of the wardrobe.  So I can now relax and enjoy the weekend knowing I am 'sorted'.

Great news about your new trainers and shoes Batty.  I need shoes, boots, jacket and coat but one day's shopping in a week is enough for me now!

How changed are the days when I was completely the opposite to this.

Fx 

Taz2

« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2011, 05:20:46 PM »

I find that over the past year or so if I keep anything for best the most strange thing happens. Although it fitted when I bought it .... somehow my wardrobe has managed to shrink it! Nothing kept for best now - I need to wear things while they still fit!

Taz x

Jenny50

« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2011, 06:01:33 PM »

I got a much loved pair of suede boots mended yesterday, soles and heels.  I hope the cobbler enjoys his break in the Caribbean this year.  It would almost have been cheaper to buy new ones but I can't find anything like them in the shops right now.

Jenny X

Taz2

« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2011, 06:10:37 PM »

Our local cobbler does soles and heels for £17 - well worth the money I reckon. How much did yours charge Jenny?

Taz x

Batty Old Bird

« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2011, 06:29:49 PM »

I find that over the past year or so if I keep anything for best the most strange thing happens. Although it fitted when I bought it .... somehow my wardrobe has managed to shrink it! Nothing kept for best now - I need to wear things while they still fit!

Taz x

I know, these wardrobes have some kind of evil clothes-shrinking spell cast upon them don't they?

Firewalker, I know what you mean about clothes never fitting properly. I find that blouses are the worst problem - they either hang like sacks from my boobs or gape open so I have to put poppers in between the buttons, which never looks good. I used to wear tee shirts to avoid the button problem but they make me look even bigger. Actually I'm toying with the idea of always wearing a sports bra ( in the winter anyway, too hot for summer) which squashes them in and lifts them up a bit.
I won't sit down and I won't shut up, and most of all I won't grow up! 

Frank Turner

Firewalker50

« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2011, 07:06:12 PM »

Mine has that same shrinking spell too now and again.  More now than again :-).

Batty - I was in to Bravissimo today.  They do a range of Pepperberry clothes.  i tried on 3 dresses in Super Curvy and they all fitted.  I was a complete size smaller in dress size other than dropping just a few pounds or avoiding wheat for a little while.  In fact 2 of them made me feel and look much slimmer so I was a happy person.

I know what you mean about cobbler prices Jenny - although as Taz says, if it means boots for another year for around £17 then it is a bargain, isn't it?

Fx

Fx

CLKD

« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2011, 08:37:35 PM »

Our wardrobe is damp - clothes no longer fit, think they have shrunk!
Changes can be scarey, even when we want them!

Jenny50

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2011, 11:54:02 AM »

I got the boots in a sale, a real bargain, so the repair was almost the same as the price to start with.  Luckily I bought a black suede pair too so at least they'll last me twice as long. You're right about the repair being cheaper than a new pair but I was surprised at how much sticking on such tiny bits of rubber can cost. He did a lovely job though so I'll stop moaning now.   

Jenny X
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]