Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Gallbladder pain .. advice please  (Read 7534 times)

Ju Ju

Re: Gallbladder pain .. advice please
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2020, 09:50:58 PM »

I had to have my gallbladder removed about 4 years ago. I did have acute attacks of pain, rather than chronic pain that it sounds you are suffering from, which landed me in hospital three times,  but I had to wait three months before getting to see a consultant. I did find cutting fat down to as low as possible made a difference to the frequency of attacks. This means reading ingredient lists. Fat free cottage cheese on rice cakes became a staple. I lost a lot of weight. HRT can contribute to causing it apparently as can losing weight rapidly, which l had done not long before. Apparently it's not uncommon after having a baby! That's one way of losing weight quickly! My daughter diagnosed me immediately before any doctor as her best friend had had the same symptoms after having a baby. The good news is that following day surgery, I recovered quickly and had no more problems.

Nellie Noo

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2020, 07:06:19 AM »

Thank you Ju Ju . I have never given my gall bladder a second thought until now ! I dont have a bad diet but i am overweight ...but the rate im going i will be losing weight .. just cant face food . Thank you for the advice xx

Sparrow

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2020, 08:06:54 AM »

My GP told me that 'female, fat and over forty'  was a term used to describe the typical patient with gallstones.

Nice  ;D

Ju Ju

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2020, 08:37:39 AM »

I was told I didn't fit the normal profile! I wasn't male or obese! But I was over 40!

Kathleen

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2020, 09:23:02 AM »

Hello ladies.

My favourite science site NutritionFacts.Org has a YouTube video on gallbladder disease. I can't remember all the details but anyone interested in the subject may want to check out the site.

Take care ladies.

K.

Nellie Noo

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2020, 09:44:33 PM »

Thank you Kathleen .. will take a look x

Jillm

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2020, 11:08:41 PM »

Hi Nellie Noo,
I had my gallbladder removed over 4 years ago. I had suffered attacks for a few years before that, but I managed to control the pain with a mix of organic cloudy apple cider vinegar (the one with the mother in it) mixed with cloudy apple juice. Initially I would take the mix (can't remember the exact amounts now) when I felt the pain starting and within about 1/2 hour the pain would subside. I then started to use it as a way of staving off an attack, I took a sports bottle of the mix with me to work and drank it through out the day.
I must say I was sceptical at first when my GP suggested it, but it did seem to work for some time. Also try to avoid high fat foods, I always found pork would trigger an attack.
High fat food was my trigger and it was a bag of chips from the chip shop that sent me to the ER after 6 hours of screeching in pain. I was lucky the consultant on duty that night had a space and I had the operation 3 days later.
Try the vinegar/apple juice, it might just help, google the quantities as I can't remember. I think it helps with breaking down the fat.
Hope you feel better, I remember the terrible pain that comes with a gallbladder attack.

Nellie Noo

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2020, 05:15:57 AM »

Thank you so much ! I Will try this ...anything  to relieve the pain . Thank you Jillm

Ju Ju

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2020, 02:37:21 PM »

I got a gall stone attack whilst on my own in the mountains in Snowdonia. I had been feeling rough and had opted to stay in the car while my family went for a walk. No phone signal, no-one around...very scary. When they got back, my daughters partner managed to get a signal for a 999 call. I got to see the mountains from the back of an ambulance!

Nellie Noo

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2020, 07:53:02 PM »

Thank you ladies .. will bear in mind !!
 Pain just about bearable ... but bad . Never thought i would be grateful to be referred for a scan , especially with this pandemic but i need to know exactly what it is ! My bloods came back ok for liver function but doctor says still go for scan.

groundhog

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2020, 12:18:27 PM »

Hi Nellie Noo,

I've got gallstones and everytime I've had pain, my LFTs have been deranged.  Mine were caused by being vein fed following an op going wrong. 
Gallbladder problems very common, pain is described as horrific. My pain is more chronic but I do live in fear of a big attack,  I also have a stone in the bile duct which can become serious.
Like you I'm scared of going hospital but I'm told by many nurse friends it's probably the best time to
go (depends where you live of course ) Covid wards are separate and everything very organised.
My GP wouldn't give me HRT for a few reasons and also mentioned gallstones as a consequence,  not sure if that is true,
Hope you get your scan soon !

Nellie Noo

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2020, 09:35:19 PM »

Thank you Groundhog ...
Ive just got a date for scan .. two weeks to go , and now just really want to know if it is gallbladder issues. The pain seems worse at night for some strange reason , turning over in bed is very painful . Thank you for your comments x

Jillm

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2020, 11:04:38 PM »

Hi Nelli Noo

Just wanted to check in with you to see how you are feeling. I hope the gall bladder pain is under control.👍❤️

Nellie Noo

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2020, 09:57:49 AM »

So sorry .. just seen. So went for scan , no sign of gallbladder problems and bloods ok .but pain still there and my bowels really off now . Getting cramps every morning, lots of wind and bloating so God knows !?! Doctor is referring me for a colonosopy Which i cant say im looking forward to 🙈 x

Sparrow

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2020, 01:23:57 PM »

Did the doc take a wee sample.  My gallbladder pain turn out to be a kidney infection.  I too had intermittent runny tummy.  Quite common with kidney infection apparently.
Pages: 1 [2] 3