Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Coil and period pains  (Read 1271 times)

Smokey

Coil and period pains
« on: April 25, 2020, 04:40:06 PM »

Hello ladies

So I had coil fitted July 2016. Few cramps at first, a couple of light periods and that was it they then stopped, no problems since!

Now keep getting period pains more or less every day normally in the mornings I have also had a light bleed and I mean light panty liner light for three days in the middle of the month and nowhere near when my original period date used to be.

I know my coil is due to be replaced or taken out in July. I would like it replaced but do you think Doctor will say I'm too old I'm 54! I really don't want to go back to periods again as the pain I get with them made me feel ill and found I was always turning offers of going out with friends down . it's bad enough having ms and dealing with the fatigue side of it meaning I have to plan everything around energy levels. If I do too much I feel ill!  If I don't eat at the right time I feel ill.

I also wonder if I can't have another coil what progesterone I can take pill wise I use gel for the oestrogen side of things. Which is great.
I don't know if I'm still in peri mode or post meno I definitely don't want a bleed.

I've been on hrt nearly 10 years.

Any advice would be greatly received

Ann x

Tinkerbell

Re: Coil and period pains
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 09:40:17 AM »

I was 53 when I had my first Mirena fitted, I use it for the progesterone component of my HRT.

Smokey

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 08:29:32 AM »

Thanks Tinkerbell,that's encouraging.

Ann x

Penguin99

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2020, 12:08:27 PM »

Hi, I'm 48, I've had mirena's since my late 20's early 30's as I wanted to be stabilised by my periods were so heavy doctor recommended the mirena, i had my last one fitted nearly 2 years ago, I've said that's my last as it's so painful having them fitted and removed. I used to get light periods, for years, after having the mirena, nothing major and now I haven't had any for a few years, but I did get some spotting for a few months before it needed changing.  I had the cramps after fitting for a week or 2 then mine was fine, but we are all different.
 :)