Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: New to sequential HRT - day12 and struggling with anxiety during the lockdown.  (Read 720 times)

Stephanie88

Hello, I'm a newbie to all of this.  Was giving HRT recently because I have been suffering with all of the horrible symptoms of menopause for sometime now but it was the fact that anxiety had been creeping up on me gradually, (although nothing too worrying).  To be honest I didn't really associate it with the menopause at first.  It wasn't until we were put into lockdown that it suddenly became completely overwhelming and unbearable. Brought on huge panic attacks.  After being given different medications (that didn't actually ease my anxiety) eventually was given a few sleeping tablets which I desperately needed as I didn't get much sleep and HRT. (tablets and gel). I am dealing with it slightly better now, using calm app, distraction, exercise  and trying to avoid the news and social media but I am only day 12 and have withdrawal bleeding. Tomorrow I do not take the progesterone. Will that help?  Can anyone tell me when I'm likely to start feeling a bit better and less anxious please?  How soon does HRT take to kick in to ease your mood and sleep? 
I'm sorry to sound so needy, honestly I'm not normally this way inclined.  I'm usually quite in control and easy going but at the moment I  feel like I'm going a bit potty.  Anyone got any advice please? Look forward to hearing from you. x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

You can be as needed as you like on here, if you don't ask you won't find out.  GPs aren't really clued up  :welcomemm:

Anxiety can be relieved by HRT though some find that anti-anxiety medication helps too.  Gentle exercise, a good diet, lots of 'me' time - we have plenty of threads to browse through: some related to menopause  ;)

Do read the vaginal atrophy threads. Make notes ......