Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anything work for chronic dry itchy skin and bone dry hair?  (Read 6418 times)

Tootsie78

Re: Anything work for chronic dry itchy skin and bone dry hair?
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2020, 04:25:10 PM »

I went on Wellwoman plus two weeks ago and my hair and skin (both really dry) looked amazing after just a few days!
I did seem to go a bit hormonally crazy though so have stopped taking them for a month whilst I recover from being a bit poorly. I will consider them again in future though as I did look so much better after taking them.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2020, 04:34:25 PM »

What's in it?  Why would it affect your hormones  :-\ .......  do you keep a mood/food/symptom diary? 

Bananacarnival

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2020, 07:55:56 PM »

That's what I thought Ckld, but when I ran that comment by my urologist this morning he said this bacteria absolutely has to be treated. It's a nasty one apparently :(

Jasmine20

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2021, 12:16:56 PM »

I took Pharma Nord Omega 7 sea buckthorn caps for months and they made a big difference to how hydrated my skin felt and I think they helped with VA to a degree - but I'm afraid in my case I needed HRT to reduce the soreness and irritation. Systemic estrogen turned things around for me and I could better tolerate vaginal HRT.

I could see the seabuckthorn was working because I started on the loading dose and the skin on my hands - very roughened from all the handwashing - became smooth and hydrated within about 4-5 days. I stopped needing to use handcream and rough patches on my knees and elbows improved.

TrustandHope

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2021, 06:01:13 PM »

Coming to this very late...for dry itchy scalp I find Philip Kingsley flaky, itchy scalp shampoo and toner work well. Can get it online and in stores. It is pricey but you don't need much. Nothing else works for me. I have very thick hair so my scalp is deep in the thickets!
Pages: 1 [2]