Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23

Author Topic: Hospitals are not allowing visitors (social distancing and masks)  (Read 29606 times)

Sparrow

Re: Masks
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2020, 08:14:52 AM »

My son saw someone in Sainsburys yesterday wearing a welders mask.

That should do it.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2020, 09:03:41 AM »

I can't understand why the NHS didn't requisition those initially.  They can be sterilised ..........

Hurdity

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2020, 09:41:48 AM »

Seeing anyone in a mask is a rare event where I live, even out shopping. Yesterday no-one in the supermarket had one,  neither shoppers nor cashiers ( although they had partial screens).

For a temporary period, landfill and recycling considerations for these items have to be put on hold if necessary (apart from normal recycling). These are exceptional times.

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2020, 10:58:54 AM »

I think we should all dress like Storm Troopers  ;)

Emm225

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2020, 07:42:55 AM »

I was told by my sister who works in NHS that masks really are only useful to protect those who already have infection from spreading it, unless they are proper NHS masks.  Also,the wrong mask/material over face/nose can act as an absorbant for germs. Even those only work for a certain number of hours, or so I've heard.
 I could be wrong and I must admit after going to the supermarket yesterday I felt I ought to be wearing a mask...and gloves.  But made sure I put anti bac stuff on hands as soon as I reached the car and washed hands as soon as I got home, both before and after unpacking shopping. I find it v scary in the supermarket as despite all warnings not everyone keeps to 2 metres and I feel q stressed..ended up with a migraine.  I have to go as shopping for parents too...local Co-op even worse than big supermarket as aisles small and narrow!

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2020, 08:02:08 AM »

All stores should by now have a policy of distancing and allowing few people in at a time. 

Specific masks for specific jobs.

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2020, 11:25:56 AM »

People have far too much time on their hands  ;D

I had one posted this morning:  garbage collector went to a dustbin with blue lid on top which got up and ran away  :o

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2020, 01:56:59 PM »

It must be awful in a flat  :'(  :-\ ..........

Tc

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2020, 09:22:52 AM »

Very true stella. I live on 3rd floor of a block  but I do have a small balcony I can stand on. But it's not relaxing like sitting in your garden reading a book or catching some sun. Plus the view is pretty depressing.   I can drive to the park but when I went I didnt think people were keeping distance enough on the pathways in and out  so that wasnt relaxing either.

It does make you feel trapped. I feel sorry for those cooped up with children.   I lived in a tower block as a child. They are no places for kids to grow up.

I see ppl on FB etc in their gardens with a glass of wine and treating it like a holiday. I'm not having a go at them. It must make it so much easier to bear. .  But for others it's like a prison sentence.

I would say though that when I lived in the tower block one parent would take us to the park every single day. The parent has to want to do that. Some dont unfortunately even at the best of times.

I can totally understand being on 15th floor and needing to get out.  It's just sad that the parks are so crowded with people who maybe have other options so that some  of us who only have the park for outdoor space  feel it's too much of a risk.

Xxx
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 09:24:35 AM by Tc »

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2020, 04:59:35 PM »

I want to share my garden and ponds  :-\

Tc

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2020, 05:01:52 PM »

Clkd. Maybe next year you could apply for the yellow book?

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2020, 05:03:56 PM »

It takes so much to keep a garden appropriate for the Yellow Book.  We have open gardens every few years and if we are here, I do.

Tc

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2020, 05:46:56 PM »

Good on ya.  :foryou:

Two hoots

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2020, 06:00:28 PM »

Our local authority here in Wales closed all the parks the first day of the isolation  >:(

Tc

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2020, 06:30:48 PM »

That's so unfortunate two hoots. I have feared the same might happen here if people dont act sensibly. There is no need for people to be out in a group of 6 or 8 adults which I saw at my park. I wouldnt .mind but they block the path accross on the way in and out  so you cant get past.  >:(  it made me  turn and walk out again and wait. . Took me 10 minutes and various attempts to actually get in while maintaining distance. It makes it all so stressful.

I was standing at the crossing waiting to x the road to entrance and a man came and stood right next to me. Heaven forbid he should wait a minute  for me to cross and the next car to stop. He could've even let me get half way accross.   Are they thick or are they so used to living in their own bubble of self centred "me me me" that they can't see past that. 

Xx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23