Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23

Author Topic: Hospitals are not allowing visitors (social distancing and masks)  (Read 29678 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Masks
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2020, 06:33:59 PM »

I think that people forget.   I certainly am not used to keeping away from people I know  ::) and have to remind myself when out and about to cross the road  :(

The 1st time I opened our garden [criky this is a meander  ;D ] I woke early wondering why the H I had agreed   :-\ it was a very hot day and every one seemed to enjoy walking round.  But I hadn't a clue who had been to visit as it passed in a blur ......

Tc

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2020, 07:02:35 PM »

Clkd. I think it's a lovely thing to do. My aunt got in the yellow book one year. She spent the week before thinking no one would come and first it was slow then she had a deluge and panicked. She served tea and cakes too. She enjoyed doing it but she said once was  enough. She now spends all summer visiting others in the book.

I realy do think it's such a nice thing to open your garden. It brings so much pleasure. Xxx

CLKD

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2020, 07:04:02 PM »

She must have worked very hard.  Yellow Book applicants have to wait about 3 years and are inspected several times B4 being accepted.  RHS standard  :o where as we cultivate the lived in look, both indoors and out  ;D

Tc

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2020, 07:06:46 PM »

;D  she did. They pick up things on the inspection and you have to put them right before the next one.

Am I having a false memory here or was thee a series about the yellowxbook a few years ago.?

CLKD

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2020, 07:08:34 PM »

Yep.  Can't remember if it was part of 'gardener's world' ? would be interested to seeing it again. 

Tc

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2020, 07:23:19 PM »

Just looked it up CLKD. It was bbc2 called  "open gardens" . Carol Klein presented. It's not on iplayer.

Hurdity

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2020, 07:27:37 PM »

I thought this thread was about masks?  ;D

Anyway!!

I have put some information about masks on a helpful thread started by Bobidy in the Other Health Discussion section here if anyone wants to read the scientific lowdown and also have a go at making one  ::)

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,47634.0.html

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2020, 07:37:11 PM »

I can't even thread a needle  ;D [long story short]

Tc

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2020, 08:01:41 PM »

Thanks hurdity. X

Tc

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2020, 08:19:45 PM »

Sorry I think I derailed this a bit. My bad. It did start off about masks so scroll back. Xxx

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2020, 08:34:13 AM »

We likes a meander we does  ;D

I see many people are making 'scrubs' across the country ........... supplying their local GPs etc..

Two hoots

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2020, 09:28:33 AM »

No table banging, but it's your round stellajane, I'll have a pina colada  ;D

Hurdity

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2020, 09:44:31 AM »

Sorry I think I derailed this a bit. My bad. It did start off about masks so scroll back. Xxx

haha - no need to apologise - I was laughing when I posted my comment, because I turned to the thread to post the link and thought I was on the wrong one!! No I didn't read back don't have time to read all the posts as I just came on to post about masks as it took me some time to research all the info :)

I can't even thread a needle  ;D [long story short]

Don't worry about that CLKD - there are a couple of no sew methods! Also the youtube video of the US surgeon general just folding a T shirt and using elastic bands!

Of course, we are not supposed to be using surgical masks as all supplies need to go to NHS....

Hurdity x

Tc

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2020, 10:18:59 AM »

No worries. We had a little walk round the garden there :)

I have some surgical masks which my mum recently sent me.  Maybe it's a false sense of security but I feel so much calmer about shopping with one on than I did before I had them. I still find it a realy anxiety provoking experience and am limiting trips to 2 a week. But before I had the masks I was sitting here with a bare cupboard too scared to go out.

Mind you, I do find with astma I cant wait to get it off. . I sound like Darth Vader when I'm wearing it.    ;D

CLKD

« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2020, 10:32:22 AM »

So it's about time that the government of the day supplied our NHS Staff with supplies? and stop cutting costs.  Bean counters have a lot to answer for!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23