Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: School closures across the UK  (Read 5979 times)

Barnacle

Re: School closures across the UK
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2020, 06:22:32 PM »

Yes CLKD, my DC's go to the cinema a lot. DH is a huge film fan, me not so. I did go and see Toy Story last year though. Love those films.

Week 2 of home schooling, and it is still going ok, although i'm going through shedloads of printer paper.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2020, 02:40:00 PM »

That has been recommended by the main supermarkets by taking page explanations in the national dailies, asking the public to shop when they are able to leave slots for those who can't.

I never thought that closing schools to those other than 'essential' workers would work.  I suppose so many of those supposedly essential workers are now at home ? but will expect the facility to be available when they return to work ?  It should have been a requirement from the very start, that if this fasciitiy was introduced then those children have to maintain attendance regardless of what the parents are doing!  as they would have to do should we not be in this situation.

sheila99

« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2020, 09:54:16 AM »

I heard that too. If I was cynical I'd think it had been written by someone with a house full of kids who doesn't want to look after them themselves! Complete waste of time everyone else social isolating while the kids are spreading it.

CLKD

« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2020, 10:06:08 AM »

I felt initially that any essential worker should make sure that the children went to school, not suddenly change their minds when it suited them?  Kids might be carriers though  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2021, 02:58:22 PM »

Why can't schools that are open provide meals  :-\ - apparently there are more children currently accessing teaching - so why not include provision of dinners ?

littleminnie

« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2021, 06:37:00 PM »

That would involve more staff in school so I assume that’s the reason.

CLKD

« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2021, 07:40:01 PM »

'essential workers' children surely get fed  :-\ or do they take their own grub?

Dierdre

« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2021, 09:47:13 PM »

My school is cooking dinners for our children attending and also providing food parcels. Some children choose to bring packed lunches. From 18th Jan the national voucher scheme starts again and all free school meal pupils will recieve a £15 voucher every week.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]