Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Coronavirus cleaning  (Read 2107 times)

Ju Ju

Re: Coronavirus cleaning
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2020, 07:09:11 PM »

Having low energy is good for OCD. it's kept mine at a low level. I've always been fussy washing my hands, so I've just carried on as normal. I wipe handles, taps etc once a day. That will have to do. There's only 2 of us and I'm officially vulnerable  apparently ;D, so I'm not going out, not even for a walk at the moment or even in the garden due to the high pollen level that's triggered my asthma. DH is avoiding going out as much as possible because of me. So I'm not worrying about overdoing the cleaning. It must be more difficult if you have people living in your house who go to work. I was talking to my daughter, who says she comes home from working in a homeless shelter, and immediately strips, showers and washes her hair, washes her clothes and that's it. She does not wash her clothes in very hot water.

Jeepers

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2020, 07:50:42 PM »

Juju

That sounds good, that your ocd is under control.

Yes, much more difficult with others. Tonight we had pizza ordered in. I carefully supervised the opening and disposing of the boxes. Unfortunately, I forgot about the dips, and although I didn't have mine, both of the youngsters did, without wiping the cartons down! My nephew even had his resting in top of his pizza. Needless to say, it's freaked me out .

Daughter apologised, saying she just didn't think about it

Jeepers  xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2020, 07:53:44 PM »

So they probably have a good immune system anyway ?  It's the hot food that is important . 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2021, 02:50:49 PM »

:bang: :bang: :bang:

DH has been upstairs doing I know not what.  I asked for him to prepare a melon to eat - I had to remind him to wash his hands! the mutter was "they haven't been anywhere"  >:(

C.C.

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2021, 04:06:27 PM »

I've been washing my hands after putting the groceries away, or other shopping trips since the beginning so nothing new there. I've gotten into the habit of spraying down the door handles, tv remotes, light switches, and cordless phones with Lysol spray every day.  My hubby says that's overkill.  ::) My family is pretty good about washing their hands frequently as well. We don't go out much past groceries or pharmacy trips anyway. And now that we are in lockdown, we have reduced our food shopping to once a week.
Pages: 1 [2]