Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 39

Author Topic: Coronavirus - anyone got it?  (Read 60964 times)

Taz2

Re: Coronavirus - anyone got it?
« Reply #465 on: February 05, 2021, 11:57:53 AM »

I couldn't understand the comment that we couldn't shut borders, as NZ and Australia did, because "we are an island"? Surely NZ is an island too? https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/air/if-scientists-say-close-borders-well-do-it-says-shapps

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #466 on: February 05, 2021, 12:26:33 PM »

They in the UK weren't ready for the Pandemic.  Despite knowing that one was on it's way, hence the jollies across Europe to 'talk about it'. 

I don't know how many air terminals New Zealand has?  Auckland being the obvious way in, then fly down to the South Island?  Down Under have few ways into Oz or N Zealand ..... so can be [looking for a word  :-\ ] ........

Taz2

« Reply #467 on: February 05, 2021, 12:30:42 PM »

There are 24 large airports in New Zealand and quite a few main ones https://www.newzealand.com/uk/new-zealand-airlines-and-airports/ 

Taz x  :)

CLKD

« Reply #468 on: February 05, 2021, 01:08:53 PM »

Shows what a sheltered Life I lead  ::)

Continued discussion about whether to use hotels/not 4 incoming travellers ..........

Limpy

« Reply #469 on: February 05, 2021, 02:31:03 PM »

I couldn't understand the comment that we couldn't shut borders, as NZ and Australia did, because "we are an island"? Surely NZ is an island too? https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/air/if-scientists-say-close-borders-well-do-it-says-shapps

Taz x

NZ is most definitely an Island. They have had red hot bio security for many years . Taking food in is a no no, I even had a beagle sniffing around my handbag which had briefly had a sandwich in it.  Taking walking boots with any mud on at all isn't allowed either.

I think NZ is probably the ultimate in Islands it is a long way from any other land mass.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 02:36:02 PM by Strongkat »

sheila99

« Reply #470 on: February 05, 2021, 05:20:46 PM »

That's why we got foot and mouth resulting in thousands of animals being slaughtered and they didn't. If they were too stupid before to realise how devastating a disease can be and quickly it can spread they should have learned from this.

CLKD

« Reply #471 on: February 05, 2021, 05:24:23 PM »

We had a thread about F&M somewhere  :-\.  Badly handled at the time, advice given by one of the 'experts'  >:(, who also gave advice about C-19 until he was moved sideways  ..........

CLKD

« Reply #472 on: March 28, 2022, 05:46:40 PM »

As from 1st April 2022 there will be no free LFT  :-\.  I've tried to order some but the NHS site 'doesn't have any delivery slots'.

Taz2

« Reply #473 on: March 28, 2022, 07:00:55 PM »

We've been ordering a box a week each for a while now. I get mine from here https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests

littleminnie

« Reply #474 on: March 29, 2022, 07:34:21 AM »

None available now Taz2.  I tried at the weekend

CLKD

« Reply #475 on: March 29, 2022, 08:47:57 AM »

Try again Minnie, DH got a pack to be sent - he logged on at 11.00 p.m. ;-)

CLKD

« Reply #476 on: June 11, 2022, 03:29:43 PM »

People continue to be admitted with C-19 symptoms and although the Press have moved on, some are not surviving the Virus.  How many of these deaths are due to underlying conditions it is hard to fathom from the reports: Portugal is particularly badly affected.

Any1 here recently been infected?

ATB

« Reply #477 on: June 11, 2022, 05:17:22 PM »

Yup my family have it now, we only know because we have a few tests left from the one free box we got, I didn’t want to waste them. Child got it from work, a huge place with no covid procedures now. It’s fine though, adult child had it mild like a cold, hubby and I slightly worse for a day or two. I’ve had worse flu but not in years.

It’s funny reading the posts on NZ. It is my home country. There is one main airport into the country. You can’t get large places landing in the capital city even, because the landing is short and there is the ocean on either side of it! We do not have 24 large airports!! NZ is in a *completely* different position to the UK. They’re not in any way comparable in terms of covid response. At all. Now they’re having a worse time with cost of living, my mum showed me an iceberg lettuce going for $10!! The housing crisis is worse too, their rate of homelessness was already worse than ours. They just don’t have enough money through taxes, there’s not enough people there. They really need a population increase to progress with their housing & health care issues- nothing is free really there, if you needed an ambulance because you had covid you or your family have to pay for it ( except in Wellington ). You just can’t compare Uk & NZ without factoring in a whole lot of complex issues and differences. Also NZers haven’t been living a ‘normal life’ at all! For 2 years they stopped their own people coming home- while they let in movie stars and their entourages. They asked health care professionals from other countries to come and help, promising their families could follow and then going back on that promise. So doctors and nurses going to help a massively under-resourced health care service were then kept from their families. Many left after a year. They didn’t even make exemptions for pregnant New Zealanders stuck outside of the country. I love my home but I think most really don’t have a clue what it’s actually like, especially for poorer and indigenous people. The UK has the kind of  health, benefit and social support that would never be possible there with the current population.

CLKD

« Reply #478 on: June 11, 2022, 05:33:43 PM »

R U all recovering?

ATB

« Reply #479 on: June 11, 2022, 05:38:15 PM »

Child has recovered, we are better after about 48 hours. Just tired from lack of good sleep really.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 39