Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 39

Author Topic: Coronavirus - anyone got it?  (Read 60947 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Coronavirus - anyone got it?
« Reply #420 on: December 26, 2020, 09:40:35 AM »

How was your son throughout the ordeal?  We are keeping away from most people but the chances of it finding us is getting more possible as the days go on  :-\

In Cash and Carry 1 doesn't have to go close to anyone.  Where we shop there are 30 cash tills, everyone is masked and there are distance markers though the trollies themselves are long enough to ensure that  ::).  Apparently he and his family met at the Warehouse and went round in a group.  The problem still being 'carriers' with no symptoms

A Frenchman returning from England has tested positive - though showing no symptoms. Don't know if the test was done here or on the other side.  Wonder who will get the blame  :-\.

littleminnie

« Reply #421 on: December 26, 2020, 12:21:51 PM »

My son has had it too.  He was ill with it but not bad enough for him not to work.  (From home)

CLKD

« Reply #422 on: December 30, 2020, 04:14:54 PM »

It would seem that C-19 is spreading sadly.  Pity the UK doesn't shut down completely because the Tier system doesn't seem to be working. 

sheila99

« Reply #423 on: December 30, 2020, 05:52:56 PM »

Not sure it's the fault of the tier system, more the number of people flouting the rules. Isn't tier 4 just lockdown by another name? The new varient will have been spread all round the country from people leaving London to infect their families for Xmas.

CLKD

« Reply #424 on: December 30, 2020, 07:03:43 PM »

Not every county is in Tier 4  :-\ so it isn't lock down.  It means that people can still travel on essential journeys.

Taz2

« Reply #425 on: December 30, 2020, 08:08:04 PM »

Not sure it's the fault of the tier system, more the number of people flouting the rules. Isn't tier 4 just lockdown by another name? The new varient will have been spread all round the country from people leaving London to infect their families for Xmas.

Even in Tier 4 it's not like proper lockdown. We are still allowed to exercise as much as we want rather than just for one hour a day and we are still allowed to go to work. Dentists, podiatrists, physiotherapists etc are still open too.

Taz x

Limpy

« Reply #426 on: December 30, 2020, 08:17:34 PM »

Taz - think things are different in different places. In Wales, close contact activities e.g. hairdressers, dentists, physiotherapists are shut. Oh sorry I mislead -  physiotherapists can offer phone consultations 🙄

Taz2

« Reply #427 on: December 30, 2020, 08:42:41 PM »

I thought that dentists were still open in Wales? A friend in North Wales had an appointment today?

Taz x

Limpy

« Reply #428 on: December 30, 2020, 09:23:26 PM »

Different dentists must be operating under different regimes. I am in North Wales and haven't had a Dentist appointment since late 2019. They have been offering appointments since June but that seems only to be for definite problems - no routine check ups. Also  Wales is now under tier 4 lockdown again - mind you surely toothache must count as a medical emergency  ::)

Taz2

« Reply #429 on: December 30, 2020, 11:43:15 PM »

It's strange how it varies. This was a routine check up which should have been in April. Tier 4 lockdown allows for dentists etc to open the same as in England it seems. One day we'll all get back to normal I hope! Hope you are coping ok!

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #430 on: December 31, 2020, 09:44:46 AM »

Was it a private appt. Taz?  My dentist worked on patients that had set treatment booked as well as being part of an emergency hub  with 4 other surgeries in our area.

Dierdre

« Reply #431 on: December 31, 2020, 10:34:28 AM »

My dentist cancelled my checkup last March when we went into lockdown and said he would contact me to rearrange as only open for emergencies, I've not heard since. We are in Tier 4 now but my school is still open, so back to work Monday 😟

CLKD

« Reply #432 on: December 31, 2020, 11:36:15 AM »

U could ring for an update, that's what we did.  Then according to how much pain his patients were in, our Dental Surgeon scheduled and as we went as a couple, that made it easier to.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #433 on: January 04, 2021, 06:55:22 PM »

My son wasn't that bad tbh. He said he could've gone to work too.
He said it felt just like a heavy cold.
Not at all like what my OH had.

CLKD

« Reply #434 on: January 04, 2021, 07:36:01 PM »

Will he be able to access anti-body testing?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 39