Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 39

Author Topic: Coronavirus - anyone got it?  (Read 60967 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Coronavirus - anyone got it?
« Reply #360 on: November 20, 2020, 01:06:52 PM »

I was assured that all students were keeping to their year groups and wearing masks out of lessons.  Hey ho! It's a good excuse for us not to mix ;-) but OH it makes me so cross  :bang: :bang: :bang:

CLKD

« Reply #361 on: November 20, 2020, 01:55:57 PM »

MayB send an IOU?

Katejo

« Reply #362 on: November 20, 2020, 04:10:53 PM »

Haven't done any Christmas shopping yet, I'm shielding so not going in shops and then I imagine after lockdown things will be really busy. I read shops are one of the highest risks of the virus. You can't do everything online, I want to see what I'm getting for important presents and you can waste money that way.
It's not that shops are one of the highest risks. It means simply that most other places are closed so infection won't occur there. Therefore a large number of infections do originate in supermarkets. It is a distorted statistic.

Sparrow

« Reply #363 on: November 20, 2020, 05:07:57 PM »

Haven't done any Christmas shopping yet, I'm shielding so not going in shops and then I imagine after lockdown things will be really busy. I read shops are one of the highest risks of the virus. You can't do everything online, I want to see what I'm getting for important presents and you can waste money that way.
It's not that shops are one of the highest risks. It means simply that most other places are closed so infection won't occur there. Therefore a large number of infections do originate in supermarkets. It is a distorted statistic.

Yep, there's a lot of that going on.

Supermarkets are fine if you know the quiet times.  I do this because it limits my time in a mask.  I can do a full shop for 3 adults in 15 minutes.

I'm just a blur.  :scottie:

silverstar

« Reply #364 on: November 21, 2020, 01:37:42 PM »

I had 2 nasty bouts of “something”, one in March, with all the symptoms, high temp, loss of taste/smell,cough, breathlessness, really floored me for 10 days and not back to normal for 6 weeks. Then in June another similar thing for 8 days but no loss of smell or taste. Maybe 2nd bout was flu or resurgence of covid! Got ill again after seeing grandchildren.

Taz2

« Reply #365 on: November 21, 2020, 03:31:11 PM »

I'm shopping online for as much as possible. Cards wrapping paper presents etc. Trying to support local businesses if I can though. It's the sense of responsibility about not giving it to others which is always on my mind.

Taz x

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #366 on: November 21, 2020, 04:01:32 PM »

That's what im doing too Taz.
With all the stories about people who are not self isolating, it's too much worry for me.

Sparrow

« Reply #367 on: November 21, 2020, 04:59:50 PM »

I only limit my time in shops because I hate wearing a mask.

Can't say I even think of possible infection when I'm out.

CLKD

« Reply #368 on: November 21, 2020, 08:44:41 PM »

The local shops where I would buy from are closed until start of December  >:( I refuse to buy cards from the supermarket when my independent shop can't trade  :bang:

Ju Ju

« Reply #369 on: November 22, 2020, 07:06:20 AM »

I buy presents for my son and family in America online, from American sites, usually the American amazon site, so I don’t have to pay postage, though it’s worth checking the uk site to see if products are cheaper here even with postage added. Has worked well up to now. I’ve been buying stuff for over here gradually to spread the cost.

littleminnie

« Reply #370 on: November 22, 2020, 09:24:43 AM »

Next announcement tomorrow

CLKD

« Reply #371 on: November 22, 2020, 09:43:48 AM »

How many times will that 'announcement' be altered between now and then ?  ::). It annoys me when the afternoon TV that I like to watch is taken off !   ;D

littleminnie

« Reply #372 on: November 22, 2020, 01:04:30 PM »

It’s usually on at 5.  Not much on TV then.

CLKD

« Reply #373 on: November 22, 2020, 01:09:22 PM »

In the week it begins at times when I'm watching 'escape to the sun' etc..  ;D

C.C.

« Reply #374 on: November 22, 2020, 02:13:44 PM »

My dd had been feeling under the weather this past week. She wasn't coughing and didn't have a fever but she was ill enough to miss her vet clinic placement day.  She didn't think she had covid, it felt more like a mild cold. The college advised her to get a swab (she did yesterday) and self-isolate until she gets the results.  It's unfortunate timing because she is supposed to do her lab assessments on campus this week.  The college she attends (two days a week she is on campus) is in a major covid hotspot so the nurse that did her swab was not surprised she came in. 
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 39