Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 39

Author Topic: Coronavirus - anyone got it?  (Read 60954 times)

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Coronavirus - anyone got it?
« Reply #345 on: October 21, 2020, 05:55:35 PM »

Better dig out those old white tennis shorts then Salad.  ;D.
For the bowling, not the doctor!  ;D

Penguin99

« Reply #346 on: October 21, 2020, 08:49:56 PM »

My husband is medically vulnerable,  he had a text for a flu jab so we phoned straight away when he got it, a months wait! Its being done at our surgery, they've got big signs on the door " flu vaccine this way" he said to me tonight, I don't know whether its a good or bad thing and whether its worth having >:(

I’m vulnerable and got the text. I had to wait a month. I have had the jab every year since I was very ill after a minor respiratory infection. DH went for the flu jab as much to protect me as himself. If it has some possibility of protection, then I believe it’s worth it.

I told him its worth having. He will be having it as he's been on immunosuppressive medication.  He's normally been healthy, never gets colds or anything but since this treatment he now  has terrible acid.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #347 on: October 22, 2020, 07:06:39 AM »

.... which needs sorting Penguin99.  MayB give his GP a phone call for advice?

Salad

« Reply #348 on: October 22, 2020, 08:06:41 AM »

Better dig out those old white tennis shorts then Salad.  ;D.
For the bowling, not the doctor!  ;D

;D

Penguin99

« Reply #349 on: October 23, 2020, 04:42:53 PM »

.... which needs sorting Penguin99.  MayB give his GP a phone call for advice?
He has, its a side effect.  Doc has given him omeprazole but doesn't really do much he gets on better with bisodol & the gaviscon tablets. Doc said if it doesn't improve he'll have to have a camera down the throat.

CLKD

« Reply #350 on: October 23, 2020, 05:02:14 PM »

If the condition is kept at ease by his regime, would upping the Bisodol for a week 2 C if it helps?

CLKD

« Reply #351 on: October 23, 2020, 07:19:17 PM »

I have a bottle of gaviscon wall paper paste with 1 spoonful taken from it if anyone would like it  ;D I didn't know that there are tablets  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #352 on: October 23, 2020, 07:36:59 PM »

GPs should drink some of these ideas  ;D .......

Penguin99

« Reply #353 on: October 24, 2020, 12:40:22 PM »

My son gets gaviscon advance on prescription,  it messed hubby heave so I buy the tablets for him, he says they really work for him, but they are not cheap. Next time he speaks to doc he's going to ask 8f the tablets are available on prescription.

Jane50

« Reply #354 on: October 24, 2020, 05:36:03 PM »

Ok decided I must be very strange. I actually quite like the taste of the aniseed gaviscon!  ;D ;D :o

Annie0710

« Reply #355 on: October 24, 2020, 09:08:18 PM »

Hello Ladies

One of our friends (mid 60s) called Hubby wed eve to say he’s tested positive.  He’s got no idea where he caught it.  Started with sore throat and runny nose then @day 3 the cough started.  He said he doesn’t feel ill enough for bed but doesn’t feel 100%

To be honest Annie, the PCR test is unreliable, even the person who devised it says it's not suitable for Covid testing.  Covid is a corona virus, as is a cold and what your friend has sounds very much like a cold.  I would say it's a good candidate for a 'false positive' result.

I haven’t caught up with this thread but my update is this guys wife got tested and is negative ????!!!!

A young girl I know  (33 ish) is poorly with a positive result and her 12 year old daughter is also positive .  My grandchildren’s pre school has a child tested positive too x

Annie0710

« Reply #356 on: October 24, 2020, 09:10:27 PM »

My partner's 62. New stocks arriving at our surgery each week.

Taz x

Your lucky, not case in my surgery.

My neice, who is a nurse and asthmatic, had to fight to get her jab.  She was initially told that at fifty, she was at the back of the queue.

Her Surgery is the otherside of Kent, by the way.

That’s naughty of them.  I’ve been having a flu Jab and pneumonia jab (As I have suffered this too) for asthma free of charge x

CLKD

« Reply #357 on: November 17, 2020, 04:30:36 PM »

BBC were in a hospital at lunch time, Clacton I think it was.  On a Ward that has positive C-19 patients.  No wonder it's spreading:  :bang:  nurses wearing those flimsy aprons instead of full barrier nursing PPE.  Going from patient to patient in the same Ward.  No over-the-face barrier masks ............ testing every 5 days until each patient has two negative results .

jaycee

« Reply #358 on: November 20, 2020, 11:34:02 AM »

My area was one of the lowest,now one of the highest, because people are not following safe procedures
Yesterday one of my daughters friends and her husband  tested positive,
Both of them have been going to the house of a friend who is a teacher, for drinks
I personally think this teacher should be reported, and everyone who was there,on a regular basis by the sound of it
Also this friend works in a food shop, [bakery] and was still working with symptoms until tested
No wonder this virus isn't going away, makes me so mad, luckily my daughter found out over the phone,and friends husband let it slip, friend was fuming with him,
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 04:27:01 PM by jaycee »

CLKD

« Reply #359 on: November 20, 2020, 12:06:37 PM »

I can't see how teachers/pupils are catching/transferring C-19 if everyone is keeping to guidelines, it makes me furious.  It was obvious that schools were going to be affected ........ it made no sense to me 2 keep them in continual contact.  I watched kids leaving our senior school on Monday evening, very few masks being worn, no distancing ........ when I spoke to the school I was told they are keeping to their Year Groups. What, in the street going home  :-\

In the 1st lockdown our villages weren't affected; now it's spreading, I am sure due to schools remaining open.  I thought that families had to isolate completely if anyone was contacted by track and trace, apparently not  :-\.  So the family bubble continues to go out and about whilst the contacted person isolates for 10 days .......... so anyone carrying it ..........

I think it will be years B4 we know how it should have been handled and which mistakes were made as well as which suggestions actually worked?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 39