Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 39

Author Topic: Coronavirus - anyone got it?  (Read 62232 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Coronavirus - anyone got it?
« Reply #315 on: October 18, 2020, 08:16:33 PM »

It's the same as other viruses, many carriers as well as deaths from those infected.  But less likely all at once and numbers don't reach the news.

jaycee

« Reply #316 on: October 18, 2020, 10:00:59 PM »

I'm sure i ha it in February, i don't get ill as a rule ,even when those around me are falling like flies, but i felt more than anything so tired i could hardly wakl to the shops.just round the corner,and my legs just did'nt seem to want to move, i only started feeling better about 3 weeks ago
My grand daughter has got it,she tested positive,but i wasn't surprised,she lives in Newcastle and works in a bar, but she carried on partying, with her friend who also has it.these young ones just don't seem to take it seriously.
She has only mildly thank goodness
My eldest sons friends brother only came out of hospital about a month ago, from Mrch,he lost lots of weight,but still poorly,and my daughter in laws friends sister died from it,not very old,none of them live near me
We are still on Tier 1, but more being diagnosed every day
I am just carrying on as normal, but being very careful, and washing hands etc a lot,and wearing a mask of course

CLKD

« Reply #317 on: October 19, 2020, 08:05:19 AM »

Same here jaycee - which reminds me, I must dose the Council bins with Domestos B4 they go to the kerb and wipe the letter box.  Again  :-\

Penguin99

« Reply #318 on: October 19, 2020, 05:38:00 PM »

We were on our way back from my hospital appointment today & hubby and I were talking about this. I think they are putting these lockdown rules in certain places to stop the NHS being over run in one hit, its like its being spaced out. I personally don't see an end in near sight but eventually I think it will ease and it will be treated like the other viruses with annual vaccinations.

CLKD

« Reply #319 on: October 19, 2020, 05:48:48 PM »

I wonder whether how many Staff who did long shifts during lockdown have actually had a break  :-\ ...........

CLKD

« Reply #320 on: October 19, 2020, 07:43:29 PM »

We have been told that there are not enough 'flu jabs available across the UK  :-\ and I won't be having 1 though DH thinks he might as well as the pneumonia jab. 

Penguin99

« Reply #321 on: October 19, 2020, 10:58:52 PM »

My hubby is having his jab on Friday, he booked it a month ago!

Taz2

« Reply #322 on: October 20, 2020, 07:09:57 AM »

We booked ours yesterday for 7th  November. Also the pneumonia one which I should have had a few years ago apparently

Taz x :-\

Sparrow

« Reply #323 on: October 20, 2020, 07:46:12 AM »

My husband, who is 65, has his next week.  I'm 64 and will likely not get one before Christmas, if at all.

Taz2

« Reply #324 on: October 20, 2020, 07:50:39 AM »

My partner's 62. New stocks arriving at our surgery each week.

Taz x

Sparrow

« Reply #325 on: October 20, 2020, 07:54:18 AM »

My partner's 62. New stocks arriving at our surgery each week.

Taz x

Your lucky, not case in my surgery.

My neice, who is a nurse and asthmatic, had to fight to get her jab.  She was initially told that at fifty, she was at the back of the queue.

Her Surgery is the otherside of Kent, by the way.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 07:55:56 AM by Shadyglade »

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #326 on: October 20, 2020, 08:30:02 AM »

I've booked in for my flu jab on Sunday. I had the pneumonia jab a few years back.
My surgery asked if we were travelling by car or on foot. I said car. She said they're will be a parking marshal there to tell me where to park. That's new.  :o
The only parking marshals I've known about is at my sons work place. 🤷‍♀️
I'm thinking I'm to go into the tent they've erected outside for my jab, instead of going into the surgery itself.

CLKD

« Reply #327 on: October 20, 2020, 09:37:44 AM »

Morning.  Or given it through the vehicle window?  I don't see how that works as there has to be an oxygen cylinder close by in case someone reacts badly.

Several people in le Giro have tested positive  :-\

Taz2

« Reply #328 on: October 20, 2020, 10:22:01 AM »

Ours are being done in the surgery the same as for blood tests. We have a parking marshall during the usual flu clinics as it's a smallish carpark for a big influx of people.

Taz x

C.C.

« Reply #329 on: October 20, 2020, 04:20:22 PM »

There are pharmacies here that are giving flu shots, I suppose to avoid overloading family doctor's offices.  Because of the high demand this year, they're ask people to register online and wait for the ok from the pharmacy to book a time.  Last year you could just show up and ask the pharmacist and get it right then.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 39