Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 39

Author Topic: Coronavirus - anyone got it?  (Read 62244 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Coronavirus - anyone got it?
« Reply #300 on: October 16, 2020, 06:11:02 PM »

However: many people who have been ill with C-19 to the point of needing hospital admission, haven't shown anti-bodies.

What happens to your daughter now, does she need to isolate for another test?

Tinkerbell

« Reply #301 on: October 17, 2020, 09:40:12 AM »

No she doesn’t have to isolate or have another test as although she was antibody positive you can’t tell when she contacted Covid.

Ju Ju

« Reply #302 on: October 17, 2020, 10:14:25 AM »

Groundhog, how are you and your family? Just seen your post. And that I missed your birthday! I hope you had a good day, despite the the circumstances.  :hbday: :cake: :party09:

CLKD

« Reply #303 on: October 17, 2020, 12:55:58 PM »

How was your birthday groundhog?

Anti-body history is interesting .......

Kathleen

« Reply #304 on: October 17, 2020, 01:10:26 PM »

Hello ladies.

Tinkerbell -  apologies if you have already answered this question but did your daughter have COVID without developing symptoms?  If so she is fortunate to escape illness.

I saw an interview earlier with a Swedish scientist who has found COVID antibodies in blood donations that were collected before the pandemic.  The scientist wonders if even ordinary Coronavirus infections  offer some protection against COVID in some people.

Take care ladies.

K.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #305 on: October 17, 2020, 02:21:30 PM »

Kathleen.....Yes no symptoms, she was offered antibody test as she has nursed elderly Covid patients in a care home. My teen son caught Covid end of March and he was very sick with it, in bed for 2 weeks.

Sparrow

« Reply #306 on: October 17, 2020, 02:48:57 PM »

Hello ladies.

Tinkerbell -  apologies if you have already answered this question but did your daughter have COVID without developing symptoms?  If so she is fortunate to escape illness.

I saw an interview earlier with a Swedish scientist who has found COVID antibodies in blood donations that were collected before the pandemic.  The scientist wonders if even ordinary Coronavirus infections  offer some protection against COVID in some people.

Take care ladies.

K.

There is a WHO research bulletin who mentions protection from previous coronavirus infections.  It also concluded that the fatality rate is much lower than first thought.

I will post the link later, when I have access to my laptop.

Here is is.

https://t.co/OyqfINQaRI?amp=1
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 02:58:53 PM by Shadyglade »

Penguin99

« Reply #307 on: October 17, 2020, 03:27:48 PM »

[quote author=groundhog link=topic=47455

My son in law has been really careful, they have two little girls so maybe they are asymptomatic as he doesn’t go anywhere ! Works from home, shops on line, went to park over weekend with girls and always keeps a distance. Bt the sneaky virus 🦠  Still got him. Headache temperature and body aches , no cough yet but we are all watching and waiting , just horrible 😞
[/quote]

Earlier this year when cases were heard of but nothing too much here, my friends mum who had copd, died very suddenly in hospital, I did the funeral flowers for her, so when my friend picked them up I hugged her, like you do, this was late February.  Well around 10 days later I had the exact symptoms you SIL has, really bad headache, never get these, whole body aching, high temp and generally feeling crap, then hubby felt the same then my sons. I do wonder if we had it, hopefully we have, but we won't know. Hubby was a shielder so we are very lucky if we did have it that thankfully no serious effects.
Hope he's feeling better soon.

groundhog

« Reply #308 on: October 17, 2020, 06:38:30 PM »

Groundhog, the New Scientist magazine list 6 types of Covid symptoms.  The  symptoms that your SIL has seem to fall across the category 1 and 2 on the list.  Both these categories have a low risk of hospital admission so fingers crossed.

Thank you 🙏 he’s watching rugby in his cell today ( confined to spare room ) but not eating anything. My daughter looks wiped out . I went over now to take some food, left outside and had a little chat through the window,  hate it Like we all do. 
Certainly sounds like it Penguin 99 but that’s the thing, we just don’t know.
My birthday was ok thanks, I felt stressed but I did lighten up an bit, had some photos taken to mark the day , all done now x

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #309 on: October 17, 2020, 06:50:52 PM »

Penguin = my son was ill at the end January beginning of February.
We were actually on holiday and left him here at home. His work place sent him home and he stayed in bed for 3/4 days. When we came home, he was over the worst of it. He said he'd never been so ill in his life. So we're all wondering if he'd caught it, he said some people at work were coughing badly at that time and quite a few were off ill, but everyone thought it was flu. Which it may have been, but then the covid thing came out in the open, not long afterwards, ..............and it makes you wonder. 🤷‍♀️

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #310 on: October 17, 2020, 07:12:59 PM »

Yes, wouldn't surprise me. We didn't know anything about it back then did we. Or if we did it was just about China.
We're the same Franny, we order online, everything we need, only popping out to the local shop if we absolutely have to. And then it's masks, gloves and sanitizer, a good hand scrub when we get in, and I still wipe all shopping down with disinfectant before putting it away.
I'm going to the crematorium Xmas time with flowers for my parents, that's the only going out I'll be doing, all Xmas presents I have to buy and send will be done on line.
It is a miserable existence! I agree. My OH and son have to go to work, that's enough stress for me as it is, incase they bring it home. Only the other day my son said 27 people were off with it. It's just a living nightmare. I've got a liver disease, so being extra careful is always in the forefront. Plus, I've seen what it done to my OH. I don't want the same to happen to me. x

CLKD

« Reply #311 on: October 17, 2020, 08:36:26 PM »

The Choir that had 'flu-like symptoms in November/December: after a member had been to China : thought it was 'flu but different' but they couldn't put a finger on what was different.  I wonder whether anyone has thought to do anti-body tests on the Choir it seemed to go through them for about 3 weeks.

CLKD

« Reply #312 on: October 17, 2020, 08:52:22 PM »

I go to the top of our stairs  >:(

Birdwatchers have descended on a salt marsh to see a bird not seen in Britain for 40 years.
The rufous bush chat was spotted at Stiffkey, north Norfolk, prompting up to 100 birdwatchers to go to see it.
Native to southern Spain, Africa and the Balkans the bird, also known as the rufous warbler and rufous bush robin, is rarely seen in northern Europe.
Dick Filby, of Rare Bird Alert, said it "would have been heading for a tropical climate and went the wrong way."
He said the last time the bird was spotted in Britain was at Prawle Point in Devon in 1980.

I suppose that all the Police are turning people back on the Welsh borders  >:(

CLKD

« Reply #313 on: October 18, 2020, 03:19:29 PM »

The Police have attended.  Apparently.

Penguin99

« Reply #314 on: October 18, 2020, 07:09:31 PM »

I believe so many have had it & dont know. I believe its what my friends mum died from, and as I said I hugged my friend! It's really awful and I hate it, just as everyone else does.  I just can't see an end to it. I try not to watch too much news as I tend to stress.  I saw my mum & dad last week, in their home, the first time since February, we aren't that close but it was still nice to see them.  It must be awful for those who are really close to their families and would have seen each other a few times a week.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 39