Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 39

Author Topic: Coronavirus - anyone got it?  (Read 62228 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Coronavirus - anyone got it?
« Reply #285 on: October 15, 2020, 07:45:53 PM »

Of course these symptoms could so easily be 'flu so best that he got a test.  What has he been advised with regards pain relief etc.?  It is a worry but I am sure that your daughter can get a test and probably ought to do so.  As should the kids.

Until we are all tested to see who is a carrier we will never be on top of this Virus.

Jeepers

« Reply #286 on: October 15, 2020, 08:01:16 PM »

Oh groundhog, I’m so sorry to hear that, what a worrying time for you.  As others have said, the odds are that it will just be a mild case, and it will soon pass.  Keeping my fingers crossed for you and your family

Jeepers xx

CLKD

« Reply #287 on: October 15, 2020, 08:03:30 PM »

It does make my thinking that if we wear masks etc. that we are unlikely to get 'flu this year  :-\.  I've had the snuffles briefly and now a friend has a heavy head cold and cough but has tested neg for C-19.  He has remained out of the way of most people other than shopping weekly when it's not busy, going for long walks alone and when necessary worn a mask!  Go figure  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #288 on: October 15, 2020, 08:17:10 PM »

When is a 'law' not a 'law'  :-\

The Metropolitan Police has said it is taking no further action against an MP who travelled by train from London to Glasgow after testing positive for coronavirus.
The force said Margaret Ferrier had not breached laws in England which require people to self-isolate because she was tested before they came into effect.
The case is now being examined by Police Scotland.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #289 on: October 15, 2020, 09:33:21 PM »

Oh Grounghog, what a worry for you.
I'm sure they'll all be ok, stay strong, and keep yourself safe, I know exactly what your going through. 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼 It'll all pass in a few days. xx

CLKD

« Reply #290 on: October 16, 2020, 07:28:28 AM »

Did U sleep groundhog?  With lockdown we have too much time to think!

Annie0710

« Reply #291 on: October 16, 2020, 10:37:12 AM »

Hello Ladies

One of our friends (mid 60s) called Hubby wed eve to say he’s tested positive.  He’s got no idea where he caught it.  Started with sore throat and runny nose then @day 3 the cough started.  He said he doesn’t feel ill enough for bed but doesn’t feel 100%

groundhog

« Reply #292 on: October 16, 2020, 11:31:01 AM »

Did U sleep groundhog?  With lockdown we have too much time to think!

Disrupted CLKD x

groundhog

« Reply #293 on: October 16, 2020, 11:34:00 AM »

Hello Ladies

One of our friends (mid 60s) called Hubby wed eve to say he’s tested positive.  He’s got no idea where he caught it.  Started with sore throat and runny nose then @day 3 the cough started.  He said he doesn’t feel ill enough for bed but doesn’t feel 100%

My son in law has been really careful, they have two little girls so maybe they are asymptomatic as he doesn’t go anywhere ! Works from home, shops on line, went to park over weekend with girls and always keeps a distance. Bt the sneaky virus 🦠  Still got him. Headache temperature and body aches , no cough yet but we are all watching and waiting , just horrible 😞

CLKD

« Reply #294 on: October 16, 2020, 11:50:29 AM »

Oh Annie it keeps on and on and ........ have you been in recent contact?

There are too many rules across the countries, the UK should unite and have a 2 week shutdown.

sheila99

« Reply #295 on: October 16, 2020, 12:27:47 PM »

What's the point? The idiots who won't wear masks or keep their distance will carry on partying as soon as the 2 weeks are up and the virus will spread again. The only lasting effect will be the increased size of the economic black hole which we will all be repaying for years.

Sparrow

« Reply #296 on: October 16, 2020, 12:31:48 PM »

Hello Ladies

To be honest Annie, the PCR test is unreliable, even the person who devised it says it's not suitable for Covid testing.  Covid is a corona virus, as is a cold and what your friend has sounds very much like a cold.  I would say it's a good candidate for a 'false positive' result.

C.C.

« Reply #297 on: October 16, 2020, 12:31:57 PM »

There is talk today of more restrictions being implemented in other areas besides the hot spots. My region is seeing a spike and something could be announced this afternoon from the Premier's office.

Sparrow

« Reply #298 on: October 16, 2020, 12:36:16 PM »

Groundhog, the New Scientist magazine list 6 types of Covid symptoms.  The  symptoms that your SIL has seem to fall across the category 1 and 2 on the list.  Both these categories have a low risk of hospital admission so fingers crossed.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 02:50:25 PM by Shadyglade »

Tinkerbell

« Reply #299 on: October 16, 2020, 06:07:40 PM »

My daughter works in care, has nursed Covid patients and received her Covid antibody test back today and it was positive, she is trying to work out when she had it.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 39