Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 39

Author Topic: Coronavirus - anyone got it?  (Read 61009 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Coronavirus - anyone got it?
« Reply #270 on: October 10, 2020, 08:25:52 PM »

I had the advice from a Pharamacist when I asked which is best.  Somewhere we have a thermometer  ::) and every time I am not near a chemist I think we ought to buy another.

sheila99

« Reply #271 on: October 10, 2020, 08:44:32 PM »

I can lend you the one I have for the horse. I'll wash it first, honest...  :sick02:

CLKD

« Reply #272 on: October 11, 2020, 08:20:09 AM »

;D - I think that I will buy 2 in case 1 requires to check if the 1st one reads correctly ;-)

Two hoots

« Reply #273 on: October 14, 2020, 01:04:14 PM »

Its my last day of isolating

:parti: :parti: :parti: :parti: :parti: :parti:

C.C.

« Reply #274 on: October 14, 2020, 01:27:06 PM »

Yay!! ;D

No phone call from public health... my pre-surgery covid test is negative  :clapping:

CLKD

« Reply #275 on: October 14, 2020, 01:43:01 PM »

Well done!  You can come out from under the duvet now  8)

CLKD

« Reply #276 on: October 14, 2020, 02:59:22 PM »

>:(. U really couldn't write it  :o

Used coronavirus swab tests were accidentally given out to households in Birmingham, council officials said.

Birmingham City Council said about 25 kits had been given out by mistake in the student area of Selly Oak as part of its "drop-and-collect" service.

It said the error was quickly realised, the kits remained intact and there was no evidence of cross-contamination.

However, student David Lewes, 21, said he and four housemates used the tests without realising they were not new.
"We are really distressed, shocked, violated and one of my friends threw up after finding out they had been used before," he said.

The third-year University of Birmingham student said the council team dropped the test off at their home in Tiverton Road on Tuesday evening saying they would return a few minutes later to collect them.

Katejo

« Reply #277 on: October 14, 2020, 04:49:07 PM »

Its my last day of isolating

:parti: :parti: :parti: :parti: :parti: :parti:

Yes I thought of you this morning because i saw an article from the Independent explaining how the Covid alerts on the phone work and confirming that the one which I got doesn't count.  :)

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #278 on: October 14, 2020, 06:33:57 PM »

Yep, unbelievable! 🤬 It said on our local news tonight, some of the tests they'd sent out, HAD been used, and that some people used them again. 🙀🙀🙀🤮🤮🤮🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️
I'm so glad we refused the tests when they came knocking on our door the other week.
The place where these 'used tests' were sent out, isn't far from us. So at that time, we could've been given one. 🙀
What a stupid mistake to make! 🤬

Two hoots

« Reply #279 on: October 14, 2020, 06:53:07 PM »

Yuk yuk yuk, someone else's snot wiped in your tonsils  :sick02:

I had to tear open the package my swab came in  :great:

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #280 on: October 14, 2020, 08:41:05 PM »

Freedom tomorrow TH. well, freedom as we know it at the moment anyway.  :bang:
If we can call it freedom!  :neutral:

CLKD

« Reply #281 on: October 14, 2020, 09:05:35 PM »

What happened to Data Protection and Patient Confidentiality  :-\.  How can this happen in the 21st Century  :bang: :bang: :bang:

groundhog

« Reply #282 on: October 15, 2020, 07:06:01 PM »

Hi all,
My son in law has tested positive, we are all gutted.  They are super careful , work from home , shop online etc but hes obviously picked it up somewhere.  It’s dwy 5 I’m terrified he will get worse or my daughter will also get it, they have two little girls. My anxiety off the scale.  We haven’t been in direct contact with them but we have with the children but we don’t have to self isolate.
My 60th birthday tomorrow I just want them well x
Me being me go to the very worse case scenarios, wish my brain would stop torturing me x
We live in rural wales, low incidence , I just can’t quite believe it x

CLKD

« Reply #283 on: October 15, 2020, 07:20:47 PM »

Does he have symptoms?  Many people will carry viruses without feeling ill.  I would have thought that if you have been in contact with the children that you will be 2nd away from the virus and should be isolating.  At least that's what has happened to a friend who was 2 steps away from a positive result.

I'm sure that your son in law will have had advice from NHS Wales.  If he has taken the children to school, it's the most possible place.  He will have been in contact with someone - how long is the incubation period?  It depends on what is 'current' on any particular day!

groundhog

« Reply #284 on: October 15, 2020, 07:38:44 PM »

Does he have symptoms?  Many people will carry viruses without feeling ill.  I would have thought that if you have been in contact with the children that you will be 2nd away from the virus and should be isolating.  At least that's what has happened to a friend who was 2 steps away from a positive result.

I'm sure that your son in law will have had advice from NHS Wales.  If he has taken the children to school, it's the most possible place.  He will have been in contact with someone - how long is the incubation period?  It depends on what is 'current' on any particular day!

Yes he does have symptoms clkd, he had a high temp and body aches.  My daughter has a splitting headache tonight but could be stress.  I haven’t heard of many cases in the town that’s what I don’t get but as you say it doesn’t take much . I’m trying to stop my mind going to these awful places.
It might be an idea to get tested just for peace of mind if nothing else. Just keep in mind younger folks rarely suffer any more than a few days of symptoms.
Get tested and try not to worry.

Thank you.  My son in law is 41 and my daughter 36 so quite young I suppose . I’m just a shocking worrier and I thunk of the children if someth8ng was to happen but I know most ppl have mild symptoms. We’ve been so brainwashed about this disease I’m just terrified for them now, I’m nit really worried about myself which is daft .
Oh dear horrible times x
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 39