Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 39

Author Topic: Coronavirus - anyone got it?  (Read 61010 times)

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Coronavirus - anyone got it?
« Reply #255 on: October 09, 2020, 01:37:58 PM »

Well here we shouldn't mix with any other households, in the house or garden, BUT we can meet other people at the pub, or for a meal. As long as it's not more than 6. Ridiculous!
Which is why I think people here are still mixing in their houses. I personally see it everyday.
Now whether these people are fed up with it all and doing their own thing, OR they don't know about the restrictions, is anyone's guess. 🤷‍♀️
I'm not sure another lockdown will sort it out tbh. It's going to be here until we get a vaccine just like all the other illnesses from back in the day. 🤷‍♀️

I've been reading today about Derek Draper. He's in a bad way. Not sure he'll be home now until next spring time. Such a shame. It's left him with multiple illnesses. I feel so,sorry for his wife and family. ( Kate Garraway) .

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #256 on: October 09, 2020, 01:50:11 PM »

Kate has aged 20 years in the last few months  :'(

Two hoots

« Reply #257 on: October 09, 2020, 02:28:30 PM »

Poor Kate she seems a lovely person, it must be awful for the children as well.

Two hoots

« Reply #258 on: October 09, 2020, 03:48:12 PM »

She us going to be on Gardeners World tonight, I saw a clip of it, it looked very moving  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #259 on: October 09, 2020, 04:14:41 PM »

I saw that info a few moments ago  :-\

Katejo

« Reply #260 on: October 09, 2020, 05:22:15 PM »

Got an email at 00.49 saying I’m negative  :) My sister is relieved she hasnt spread it, maybe the masks worked  ::)
Really good but you still have to stay in quarantine until next week don't you? I got another of those Covid warnings on my phone but no message as the 1st time.

Two hoots

« Reply #261 on: October 09, 2020, 06:21:46 PM »

Yes Im staying home until Thursday.

If you have been in contact with someone with covid the app will give you a countdown, unless you get that countdown I would ignore the messages that suddenly appear and disappear, I hope none of you ever gets to see the flashing countdown  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #262 on: October 09, 2020, 07:54:09 PM »

North Wales under restrictions from 2morrow  :o

CLKD

« Reply #263 on: October 09, 2020, 08:49:53 PM »

Not Anglesey.  No cases there.  Yet  ::)

C.C.

« Reply #264 on: October 09, 2020, 10:58:24 PM »

There were more than 900 cases reported today in my part of the province. So now the main hotspots (large cities mostly) will be temporarily reverting back to a previous stage, only modified.  Gyms and movie theatres will be closed, restaurants will be take out only and a few other restrictions.  Schools and day cares remain open. Thankfully I don't live in one of the hotspots so I won't be affected, for now.

CLKD

« Reply #265 on: October 10, 2020, 07:24:01 AM »

Morning C.C. keep that mask on!

Apparently the UK government are clutching ideas from the air as there have been few cases relating to eateries.  One hotelier was telling Jeremy Vine that not one person had C-19 in his area - he did say local towns but the names didn't mean anything - and none of his sector had infections. But of course, it's easy target; hotels and pubs..

That doesn't explain the sudden increase of hospital admissions but until we know where these patients are from, i.e. cities, crowded areas etc., it remains a learning curve  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #266 on: October 10, 2020, 08:51:21 AM »

A number of people have died in an Edinburgh hospital following an outbreak of Covid-19 on a cancer ward.

Six other patients have been confirmed with the virus at Edinburgh Western General Hospital.

NHS Lothian says it is investigating the outbreak and the ward has been closed to new admissions and discharges to allow tests to be carried out.
Patients and staff are being screened for the virus as part of the health board's response.

>:(

Katejo

« Reply #267 on: October 10, 2020, 10:18:47 AM »

A number of people have died in an Edinburgh hospital following an outbreak of Covid-19 on a cancer ward.

Six other patients have been confirmed with the virus at Edinburgh Western General Hospital.

NHS Lothian says it is investigating the outbreak and the ward has been closed to new admissions and discharges to allow tests to be carried out.
Patients and staff are being screened for the virus as part of the health board's response.

Very sad ! Cancer is hard at the best of times but to get Covid while in hospital.....

Sparrow

« Reply #268 on: October 10, 2020, 11:31:35 AM »

Very sad ! Cancer is hard at the best of times but to get Covid while in hospital.....

None of this surprises me.  We have had trouble in Kent hospitals, with poor Covid control measures.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/ashford/news/string-of-hygiene-issues-at-covid-ravaged-hospital-233662/

CLKD

« Reply #269 on: October 10, 2020, 11:38:57 AM »

:-[.  Hasty I stand corrected  :o - I had completely forgotten my sister's reports of the factory close to where she lives having an outbreak.   :-\.

Surely after all this time: with the general public being controlled by being told can/can't mix: that Hospitals at the very least should be places of safety!?!  Apparently the hand held 4head thermometers often give a wrong reading  :-\ it is better to have a mouth thermometer but of course it takes longer to get a proper temp..

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 39