Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 39

Author Topic: Coronavirus - anyone got it?  (Read 62531 times)

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Coronavirus - anyone got it?
« Reply #225 on: July 24, 2020, 01:05:45 PM »

I'm still shopping on line.
OH gets any bits and pieces after he's finished work of a morning.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #226 on: July 24, 2020, 02:01:04 PM »

I love my cotton masks in different patterns.  For a short while.  They look like teen bras and wash easily  ;)

How often are the sanitiser plunges washed though  :-\ ............ and door handles and trolley handles, R GP surgery doesn't seem to be bothered any longer  :-\ .
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 01:49:56 PM by CLKD »

CLKD

Pets and Coronavirus
« Reply #227 on: July 27, 2020, 01:49:01 PM »

Cats - apparently.  Don't panic, it's 1 thus far.

A pet cat has tested positive in the UK for the strain of coronavirus that is causing the current pandemic.
Experts say it is the first confirmed case of infection in an animal in the UK but does not mean the disease is being spread to people by their pets.
It's thought the cat caught coronavirus from its owner, who had previously tested positive for the virus. Both have now recovered.

UK chief veterinary officer Christine Middlemiss said: "This is a very rare event, with infected animals detected to date only showing mild clinical signs and recovering within in a few days.

"There is no evidence to suggest that pets directly transmit the virus to humans. We will continue to monitor this situation closely and will update our guidance to pet owners should the situation change."

Yvonne Doyle, Public Health England's director for health protection, advised people to wash their hands regularly, including before and after contact with animals.

An animal's fur could carry the virus for a time if a pet were to have come into contact with someone who was sick.

A private vet initially diagnosed feline herpes virus - a common cat respiratory infection - but the sample was also tested for Sars-Cov-2 as part of a research programme.

CLKD

« Reply #228 on: August 30, 2020, 06:09:06 PM »

It will be interesting to see if any of those attending raves i.e. in Thetford Forest, 'go down' with C-19.  Apparently there are so many in Thetford that the Police have taken a wait and watch approach.  There's also a horse fair in Buckingham area ........... 'under C-19 guidelines' .  Apparently.

Now University Students are being told not to attend  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #229 on: September 08, 2020, 05:26:54 PM »

The young people are apparently angry that 'they' are being blamed for the spread of the virus.  They don't get that they could be carriers having never had symptoms or could be minimally infected .........

They seem unaware that they could carry this virus to vulnerable people.  Why they feel that they are 'blamed' - it's a fact that during certain outbreaks of certain illnesses children and/or young people are super spreaders  :-\

Some UK Colleges are taking steps to test all students and staff - don't know how often during Term or whether it's a private testing company but I think it's a good idea.

Ju Ju

« Reply #230 on: September 08, 2020, 06:59:39 PM »

I agree it’s not a matter of blame. It just is. I shall carry on with life as I have the last few months. Home deliveries, buying on line and avoiding getting close to people, which is easy where I live.

CLKD

« Reply #231 on: September 08, 2020, 09:25:30 PM »

We don't have a friendship group that we have to meet with.  We've got good at the waving across the street ;-)

C.C.

« Reply #232 on: September 08, 2020, 11:04:15 PM »

The numbers are creeping back up again in my province.  We just had a long weekend and people were not behaving by not wearing their masks and partying to celebrate without physical distancing. Its kind of concerning since school is starting next Monday. 
The grocery stores are still mandating masks, and are sanitizing the grocery carts and making sure people follow the distance stickers at the cash registers, but are not all that busy.  I think alot are still ordering groceries online as well as meal kits.

CLKD

« Reply #233 on: September 09, 2020, 01:14:51 PM »

Up to 300 people who attended a charity football match are being told to self-isolate after 28 people tested positive for Covid-19.

The event at Burnside Working Men's Club (WMC), in Fencehouses on the border of Sunderland and Durham, took place on 30 August.
Anyone who attended must self-isolate for 14 days from then.

Burnside WMC said "if we knew at the time what we know now" then the match "would never have gone ahead".

In a statement it wished everyone affected a "speedy recovery" and admitted safety precautions on the day "were not strict enough".

Durham County Council has been working with Sunderland City Council and Public Health England to manage the response.

'if we knew at the time ........ " have these guys lived in a cave  >:(

CLKD

« Reply #234 on: September 15, 2020, 02:15:24 PM »

Matt Hancock has suggested that no one should have to travel 'more than 75 miles' in order to get a test.   :-\  Is that 75 miles there and back?  With a sick child, running a temperature?  Who may be better at home being sponged down with Calpol?  A journalist from Cardiff was offered a test in Lancashire recently ......... for his young child.   :-\

It was forecast that testing would be overwhelmed.  Even front-line staff can't access essential testing which takes them out of the employment chain  >:(. Surely by now GPs should be able to do local testing?

CLKD

« Reply #235 on: September 30, 2020, 11:13:41 AM »

Crikey.  These students who want to be adults really should take on board the sacrifices others are making!

Who ever is responsible for the Halls should be taken to Court and fined.  Heavily.  Any student spoken to by the Police should be sent down immediately!

CLKD

« Reply #236 on: September 30, 2020, 02:37:23 PM »

Eight patients have died with coronavirus at a hospital where 82 cases have been linked to an outbreak on the site.

Planned surgeries have been temporarily stopped at the Royal Glamorgan Hospital in Llantrisant as part of a plan to manage the outbreak.

Patients who would usually be taken to A&E in an emergency will also be sent elsewhere.

The temporary measures come into force at 14:00 BST on Wednesday.

Cwm Taf Morgannwg health board said it believed about three-quarters of the 82 cases were infections caught at the hospital and that of those caught in hospital, there had been eight deaths.

Two hospital wards closed after outbreak

Six of those 82 patients are in intensive care, although that figure has fallen by one since last week. The health board does not believe they caught the virus while at the hospital.

Two hoots

« Reply #237 on: October 06, 2020, 12:11:03 PM »

My sister had a test on Sunday result today was positive  :o she doesn't have symptoms except shes tired, she had to get a test after a friend in work tested positive on Sunday.

I met my sister last Thursday we both wore masks and I have no symptoms but I’ve been to get a test done this morning, it was easy to arrange and its local, I have to wait and see now, should find out on Thursday  :)

Sparrow

« Reply #238 on: October 06, 2020, 12:15:59 PM »

Fingers crossed 🤞 TH.

CLKD

« Reply #239 on: October 06, 2020, 12:21:06 PM »

How long for symptoms to appear once we have been in contact with someone 'infected'?  Hopefully you won't have symptoms!  Is it an NHS test, deep in the throat and up the nose?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 39