Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 39

Author Topic: Coronavirus - anyone got it?  (Read 62291 times)

sheila99

Re: Coronavirus - anyone got it?
« Reply #165 on: May 09, 2020, 04:27:55 PM »

Ours can be used up to 3 times. When they were short of PPE they changed the guidelines so they could be disinfected and be worn again (I think they said up to 3 times but not sure). Medical staff weren't happy about it. Yes, scrubs are different, usually cotton so definitely not virus-proof. Our PPE looks like it has a plastic coating. Any imperfections in the material makes it useless. Or it could be seams that are the problem.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #166 on: May 09, 2020, 06:53:21 PM »

So why not down grade it to use in other Depts.?  Or why didn't someone from Trading Standards fly out to check it over ? 

I go to bed every night breathing a big sigh and woke every morning; wondering ..........

sheila99

« Reply #167 on: May 09, 2020, 08:52:07 PM »

Sweaty to wear. It's not something you'd choose to wear if you didn't have to, scrubs would be much more comfortable. Trading standards don't fly to inspect anything else so not sure why they would for this? And perhaps they need testing equipment that's in the UK.

CLKD

« Reply #168 on: May 10, 2020, 08:54:54 AM »

Someone should have flown to check B4 purchasing?  The Tax payer will again foot that particular bill?

sheila99 - is the garment coated with a plasticiser or something? 

I read an interesting article in the Telegraph yesterday, if I remember I will fish it out and try to find a link. 

Sparrow

« Reply #169 on: May 10, 2020, 10:04:16 AM »

From what I have read from tweets from nursing staff, it's not the staff on Covid wards that are dying.  It's the staff that are on general wards, as they are at the back of the queue for PPE.

CLKD

« Reply #170 on: May 10, 2020, 11:32:00 AM »

No staff should be catching any virus and dying.  Regardless!  Where are the Consultants in all this, they head up the various specialities.  Seems there's a huge gap in communication somewhere ..........  :'(

Sparrow

« Reply #171 on: May 10, 2020, 11:45:24 AM »

No staff should be catching any virus and dying.  Regardless!  Where are the Consultants in all this, they head up the various specialities.  Seems there's a huge gap in communication somewhere ..........  :'(

Apparently a group of senior doctors are putting together a legal case against the government.   

CLKD

« Reply #172 on: May 10, 2020, 12:33:09 PM »

Tnk goodness!  If they live long enough to put it forwards  :-\  :'(

There's plenty keeping alert - Police Officers when people are trying to get some sunshine; curtain twitchers telling on their neighbours ...... most of the advice is aimed at those in London  :-\

Two hoots

« Reply #173 on: May 10, 2020, 12:51:22 PM »

Apparently a group of senior doctors are putting together a legal case against the government.   

How are they going to prove that they caught it in a hospital, doctors and nurses have unfortunately died of the virus, but who can know where they caught it, petrol station, bus, shop, anyone they have been close to when outside the hospital.

CLKD

« Reply #174 on: May 10, 2020, 12:54:55 PM »

That is the problem.   We've been out in the car once since lockdown 2 a supermarket where restrictions were in place: I have wiped steering wheel etc. with meths on our return and down the Council bins - so the advice to swab surfaces with boiled, soapy water with bleach or wipe down with meths has been important here. 

Carriers remain the danger thus far.  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #175 on: May 14, 2020, 05:31:53 PM »

this came to light earlier in the week:

Coronavirus may have been in Britain two months before the first confirmed cases, after choir singers were struck down following the return of a member's partner from Wuhan.

Jane Hall, who sings in the Voice of Yorkshire choir and All Together Now community choir, said friends in both groups had fallen ill in January with one member experiencing symptoms consistent with Covid-19 as early as late December.

The first singer to become ill was the partner of a businessman who had returned from a trip to Wuhan in mid-December and developed a hacking cough.

The first confirmed cases in the UK were in February this year, when two members of the same family became sick while staying at a hotel in York city centre.

Padine

« Reply #176 on: May 14, 2020, 06:21:15 PM »

Interesting CLKD and sadly not surprising. The main choir I sing with cancelled our end of season concert,  the plan being to have it in November instead. Now (for health and safety's sake) we will not be meeting for rehearsals until January 2021. The average age of the choir is approx 70 and although I am quite a bit younger than that, and disappointed not to sing, meet up with friends, and try to return to some form of normality, I'm pleased that H+S is being observed. There would be the concert too, which would see a crowd of people gathering together in the same space.

I don't know of anyone who has the virus but I do know of stupid, thoughtless folk who have a complete disregard of the safety guidelines, and of course, THEY won't be the ones who get this virus will they? (I don't wish it on them). One family is continuing to child-mind for their grandchildren - what message is that giving to young people? And the Govt want to have social distancing at schools???? I wonder who thought of back to school on 1st June? It sure as anything wouldn't have been any teachers - oh no - how on earth would they know what's best for future generations? And I don't know if it will be too early in August either the way things are going. Expensive babysitters, that's what these poor teachers will be ...........................oh dear, best get off this soapbox now before I fall off it and bruise some of my good ribs  :bang: :hotflash:
                       Padine (a grumpy one  >:() xx

CLKD

« Reply #177 on: May 14, 2020, 06:38:11 PM »

But children don't get this particular virus and sometimes, grandparents have step in. ?

Sparrow

« Reply #178 on: May 14, 2020, 07:51:19 PM »

Children do get the virus,  just not as badly or often.

Padine11

« Reply #179 on: May 14, 2020, 08:57:21 PM »

And so do teachers who go home to their families.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 39