Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 39

Author Topic: Coronavirus - anyone got it?  (Read 61043 times)

Katejo

Re: Coronavirus - anyone got it?
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2020, 10:44:48 AM »

Convinced myself I was going down with it last night.  Slight sore throat, felt uck, nausea, racing heart and couldn't sleep.  This morning checked throat and no redness at all and realised other symptoms were anxiety.  Since then have felt much better.  Feel stupid though  ::)

I know exactly what you mean. Also didn't feel good this morning but it was more to do with shoulder/back tension and ear discomfort. One thing I don't like about this lockdown period is the increased difficulty in seeing a doctor. I had a GP call back yesterday but would much have preferred to go in so he could check my earache rather than doing it over the phone. I found it hard to answer some of the questions accurately.
I heard on the news this morning that all breast scans (and some other scans) are being suspended for 3 months because the staff need to get too close to us to do it effectively. Hope that no one finds that they have breast cancer which could have been spotted earlier.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2020, 10:59:51 AM »

Whereas WHO have now stated that it is OK to use Paracetmol and Nurofen for C-19  ::)

Dierdre

« Reply #107 on: March 31, 2020, 11:51:53 AM »

Never had hayfever before but do suffer with sinuses, hoping its that. Think anxiety is going to be a big factor with every twinge from now on.

Katejo, my sister is having chemo at the moment for breast cancer, she had regular scans that missed it, she found it by self examination, that still works.

CLKD

« Reply #108 on: March 31, 2020, 11:57:21 AM »

How is your sister over all Dierdre?  I found my lump on self examination it never showed on mammogram.

CLKD

« Reply #109 on: March 31, 2020, 01:43:23 PM »

Does he smoke?   ;)

Dierdre

« Reply #110 on: March 31, 2020, 01:54:02 PM »

Shes on her 6th chemo session with 2 more to go but now worried they will be postponed. She's had her ups and downs with side effects but was doing well until all of this started. We were worried in case she caught an infection before but now its terrifying us when she has to go to the hospital for treatment or tests.

Dierdre

« Reply #111 on: March 31, 2020, 03:33:49 PM »

Hope so, its probably more dangerous her getting this virus at the moment than waiting a few more months  for the chemo.

CLKD

« Reply #112 on: March 31, 2020, 06:58:23 PM »

Coronavirus: Ocado buys 100,000 test kits for staff .... and will give some to the NHS if the Government asks for them  :-\

bramble

« Reply #113 on: April 01, 2020, 01:19:14 AM »

I have been treated for a severe chest infection for the last 4 weeks - had all the c-19 symptoms except fever 4 weeks ago. Have seen (1 real, and 2 telephone) docs. Had 2 courses of abs and steroids to help with breathing problems which are bad. Doc 3 said she was moving me out of the chest infection box into the c-19 box as I am a text book case (despite no fever or none that I noticed). AM now on very strong abs and more steroids. Fingers crossed.

Countrygirl

« Reply #114 on: April 01, 2020, 05:18:36 AM »

Bramble hope you start to feel better soon, sounds like you've had a horrible time with it x

Taz2

« Reply #115 on: April 01, 2020, 07:38:45 AM »

It's all so confusing. I hope you feel better soon Bramble. I can understand the steroids but not the antibiotics as Covid-19 doesn't appear to cause chest infections at all. Does Dr 3 think you have caught it on top of what infection you've already had maybe? Do take care.

Taz x

Katejo

« Reply #116 on: April 01, 2020, 07:43:46 AM »

I have been treated for a severe chest infection for the last 4 weeks - had all the c-19 symptoms except fever 4 weeks ago. Have seen (1 real, and 2 telephone) docs. Had 2 courses of abs and steroids to help with breathing problems which are bad. Doc 3 said she was moving me out of the chest infection box into the c-19 box as I am a text book case (despite no fever or none that I noticed). AM now on very strong abs and more steroids. Fingers crossed.
  Really sorry to hear this but surprised that doc 3 is saying covid 19. I would expect the cough with a chest infection to be a wet cough not a dry one.

CLKD

« Reply #117 on: April 01, 2020, 08:29:59 AM »

Better to treat for it in case until testing arrives?  Also some who had C-19 but not badly have reported other symptoms .........

Get well soon Bramble, R U living alone [sorry can't remember  :-\]

bramble

« Reply #118 on: April 01, 2020, 09:08:46 AM »

I don't have a cough now. I did have a dry cough for 2 days 4 weeks ago along with the crashing fatigue and then I got the 'drowning' scenario later with a cough. Breathing went downhill about 5 days after the dry cough started and has not improved. I also have bursitis at the moment which is one of the reasons the doc has given me the strong abs as she thinks I also have an infection of some kind somewhere in my body. 

CLKD

« Reply #119 on: April 01, 2020, 10:37:20 AM »

OOOHHHH  ......... have a  :hug:  and  :tulips: and  :cupcake:

R U improving?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 39