Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 39

Author Topic: Coronavirus - anyone got it?  (Read 62032 times)

Tc

Re: Coronavirus - anyone got it?
« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2020, 02:38:32 PM »

Thanks CLKD.  She phoned ACAS about the lack of measures. Was told she must put it in writing to boss.

Xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2020, 02:54:21 PM »

Good idea.  There are probably guidelines on Public Health England or local authority web-sites.  No one should be expected to work in a danger environment anyway, which is why my sister left the NHS 3 years ago.  2 on duty for 25 mentally ill patients, my sister being the qualified person in charge.   >:(

Salad

« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2020, 03:48:44 PM »

That's the one.  I saw a video clip of that set to the Benny Hill theme.

Very funny.  ;D
Haha- I missed that!  ;D

Katejo

« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2020, 03:57:39 PM »

Hurdity thank goodness they have recovered. What a relief. I do hope everyone here who is sick is o.k.

My sister quarantined for 7 days. She is considered key worker  (medical supply company.)  She still coughing today but under the rules supposed to go back to work.  Her company have zero distancing in place.no sanitising either.  She already complained about it before she got sick.  She felt like under guidelines she had no choice but return to work today. But I spoke to her. As I see it even if she hasnt had the virus she has been very unwell with something else and immunity will be low.  So she phoned doc and asked if it was o.k to return to work still coughing and unwell. We had been told its o.k to go back even if still coughing. But doc said not to go back to work, issued the paperwork and she will be on sick pay.  But at least she wont be at risk working for a company which isnt protecting employees.

Her company always treated their employees like crap before all this.  The crisis has realy highlighted those companies that just dont care about their staff.

Much love to everyone.

Xxx
I have seen a lot of conflicting views about the 7 day period and whether it is enough. Opinions from other countries have said that it must be 7 or 14 days after the coughing has completely finished.  1 person wrote that the British couple taken ill on the cruise ship still tested positive 20 days later(or maybe 28).

Tc

« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2020, 04:14:44 PM »

Katejo. Yes. Conflicting info.  The warden in mums flats went off Thursday as her husband coughing and temp.  The manager phoned to tell the residents that she "doesnt think hes had it" and warden can come back tommorow.  They are all vulnerable elderly.  One of the daughters had to phone the company and explain the procedures.  You cant just say "I dont think he had it".  Most of the people currently quarantined dont know for sure.

I suspect the company has no cover for her. 

Xxxx

Hurdity

« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2020, 04:26:00 PM »

Sorry to hear about your sister Tc. There are guidelines but as always the data don't give the true picture either re the virus or how well  someone is. I think the 7 day rule is absurd frankly. Absolutely - in the absence of testing no-one knows whether they have had it although if you have classic symptoms and in a hot spot area then it is very likely.

If they are not able to work while observing the 2 m rule then the company should provide PPE for staff and especially if she is a key worker in medical supplies FFS!!!

I will put some information about the virus and how long it lasts on the scientific/medical thread on Covid-19 I started in Other Health Discussion so that it might be easier to find stuff. here is the NHS Info:
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-advice/

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2020, 04:30:19 PM »

Usually a virus will be gone after 7 days.  So although symptoms may be similar, in the normal run of a cold/cough, 1 should begin to feel better after 3/4 days and fit for work after a week.

Other symptoms stated today: loss of smell and taste are becoming more important to be aware of; dizziness and sore throat and the fact that 1 feels better after 4-5 days but the bug returns when unexpected.  Full update on the News later I expect after today's Government announcement.

Sparrow

« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2020, 04:40:05 PM »

I think it's to do with the total virus load.  People may still test positive but the virus load present is too low for community transmission.

I read that somewhere but don't ask me where  ::)

Dierdre

« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2020, 08:13:38 PM »

I lost my sense of smell and taste last night, i had it at lunch time but when i started cooking my evening meal I noticed i couldnt smell a thing.  Ive had various symptoms all week, not fever or cough, just croaky throat then aching legs and eyes when i moved them.  Been sneezing alot so could be a cold but ive never lost my smell unless bunged up but im not, i can breathe  ok, just cant smell or taste.

Katejo

« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2020, 08:31:45 PM »

I think it's to do with the total virus load.  People may still test positive but the virus load present is too low for community transmission.

I read that somewhere but don't ask me where  ::)
I saw a very good article explaining it. Might be able to find it tomorrow. Symptoms are more severe if the patient caught it when close up to several sick people or carriers (eg. In a crowded place). If they get it by shaking hands with 1 carrier, symptoms are much milder.

Sparrow

« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2020, 09:19:38 PM »

Ah, I remembered it correctly.  Definitely suffering from information overload.

Sparrow

« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2020, 09:26:54 PM »

Dierdie could you have Hayfever.  The pollen count is rising.

Sparrow

« Reply #102 on: March 31, 2020, 07:57:05 AM »

Convinced myself I was going down with it last night.  Slight sore throat, felt uck, nausea, racing heart and couldn't sleep.  This morning checked throat and no redness at all and realised other symptoms were anxiety.  Since then have felt much better.  Feel stupid though  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #103 on: March 31, 2020, 08:41:59 AM »

It's not stupid at all.  We are more alert to every ache, pain, sneeze etc..

Tc

« Reply #104 on: March 31, 2020, 10:04:14 AM »

Nothing to feel silly about shady xx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 39