Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 39

Author Topic: Coronavirus - anyone got it?  (Read 62304 times)

Wrensong

Re: Coronavirus - anyone got it?
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2020, 03:34:52 PM »

Jillydoll, if you're reading so sorry to hear about your husband.  They will take very good care of him.  Sending a hug & all good wishes.
Wx

sheila99

« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2020, 05:00:13 PM »

Have you heard how jillydoll's OH is jaypo? I hope he's improving.

littleminnie

« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2020, 05:42:18 PM »

They probably didn't have any test kits left Jaypo.
Is usually 2 days before AB kick in.

Katejo

« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2020, 10:08:18 PM »

Yes,probably LM he's been on the ABs longer than that though but he's been very poorly for a week now,so the infection is probably quite deep seated
I heard from a friend who has it today. She and her partner have been ill for 10 days already with no improvement.

Taz2

« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2020, 12:04:15 AM »

It seems that 14 days is the critical time when it either begins to lessen or goes on to become pneumonia. I hope they soon feel better Katejo.

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2020, 09:13:16 AM »

I think jillydoll has done well keeping her head above water thus far  :o I would have been running for the hills long B4 ......  :'(

Hurdity

« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2020, 10:55:41 AM »

I do hope Jillydoll's husband recovers soon - is it definitely Covid-19?

Just found out yesterday during video phone-call session with my (grown-up) children that not only do my daughter and husband in London have it (latter now recovered) but my son has had it for 5 days (mid 20's living alone in London) and didn't tell me as he thought I would be worried  :o. I certainly was and would have been as he is in the category of having a condition which could have made him more at risk. However he says he had cough, fever, aches and pains, fatigue, loss of taste and smell, took no meds and is now recovering - phew - hopefully will continue to do so. he said all is team has had it so could have incubated it before starting to work from home or uit could have come in with food he has ordered even though he is meticulous at gelling and sanitising etc. Carried on working (at home) all the while....

It seems that the illness either gets better or, after two weeks, rapidly becomes pneumonia. I know of three people locally who have died and two others have tested positive.  :'(

Taz x

Taz how very sad  :'(

Stay safe everyone

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2020, 11:53:40 AM »

It is said in the Telegraph this morning, that anyone with symptoms should NOT work - they need to drink plenty and rest.  Working increases the stress levels which lowers an already stricken immune system. Working may increase the days it takes to begin recovery.  Seems sensible to me.

Sparrow

« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2020, 12:25:09 PM »

Dominic Cummings now has it.

CLKD

« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2020, 12:31:47 PM »

Whose he when he's up and dressed?

Boris is different - or so he thinks  :D but haven't heard how he is for the last 24 hours ........

I ache from the waist upwards  :-\ - off to take some Nurofen. 

Tc

« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2020, 12:50:06 PM »

Hurdity thank goodness they have recovered. What a relief. I do hope everyone here who is sick is o.k.

My sister quarantined for 7 days. She is considered key worker  (medical supply company.)  She still coughing today but under the rules supposed to go back to work.  Her company have zero distancing in place.no sanitising either.  She already complained about it before she got sick.  She felt like under guidelines she had no choice but return to work today. But I spoke to her. As I see it even if she hasnt had the virus she has been very unwell with something else and immunity will be low.  So she phoned doc and asked if it was o.k to return to work still coughing and unwell. We had been told its o.k to go back even if still coughing. But doc said not to go back to work, issued the paperwork and she will be on sick pay.  But at least she wont be at risk working for a company which isnt protecting employees.

Her company always treated their employees like crap before all this.  The crisis has realy highlighted those companies that just dont care about their staff.

Much love to everyone.

Xxx

Sparrow

« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2020, 12:53:16 PM »

Boris is different - or so he thinks  :D but haven't heard how he is for the last 24 hours ........

He has been all over the media for over a year.  Special adviser to Boris.  Ring any bells??

Salad

« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2020, 01:37:14 PM »

He has been all over the media for over a year.  Special adviser to Boris.  Ring any bells??

The one who sprinted out of Number 10 when Boris announced he had COVID-19?

Sparrow

« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2020, 02:18:14 PM »

That's the one.  I saw a video clip of that set to the Benny Hill theme.

Very funny.  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2020, 02:26:45 PM »

NOPE although I do remember someone sprinting as I was waiting for him to trip over  ;D

Tc - your sister certainly does not have to return to work if her employer isn't taken appropriate Care of his work force.  This was stated in an update on BBC last week B4 Boris succumbed.  She could sue for unfair dismissal if push came to shove.  Tell her to get well and start looking for something else?

There are now photos of 'stars' on the media who have apparently succummbed. 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 02:53:10 PM by CLKD »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 39