Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 39

Author Topic: Coronavirus - anyone got it?  (Read 62294 times)

Hurdity

Re: Coronavirus - anyone got it?
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2020, 09:06:22 AM »

So sorry to hear about jillydoll's husband and hope he is better this morning - thanks for letting us know jaypo.

CLKD - ABs don't work with viral sepsis, which is the danger in advanced stages of Covid-19. It is hoped that anti-virals will become available to treat more severe cases.

Hurdity x

Katejo

« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2020, 09:07:25 AM »

Hello ladies.

Just posting to say that I'm okay and to thank those of you who were concerned about me. I look at the forum  most days but I haven't logged on lately as I'm trying to keep myself busy around the house.

Sending big hugs to everyone at this worrying time.

Take care all and stay safe.

K.
Good to hear that you are ok Kathleen  🙂

Sparrow

« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2020, 09:09:26 AM »

Great news Kathleen.  Stay safe and well.

Katejo

« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2020, 09:11:46 AM »

There are probably alot of people sat in isolation at home at the moment with chest infections, bronchitis and even bacterial pneumonia that antibiotics would have sorted quickly but cant get diagnosed properly because we have to assume it covid-19 and isolate.
  If they have the wet chesty cough which comes with such infections,  they can hopefully get a phone call from a GP and AB if required. I haven't had to put it to the test yet.

Kathleen

« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2020, 09:20:38 AM »

Hello again ladies.

Katejo and Shadyglade - thank you both and stay safe.

Jillydoll -  sending hugs to you and your husband.

Wishing everyone well. Take care ladies.

K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2020, 09:26:51 AM »

>wave< Kathleen

CLKD

« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2020, 12:03:47 PM »

My nephew has been very ill in London with 'symptoms' but not ill enough to require treatment.  So until the antivirus tests come in and if he bothers to get one, he won't know what he's had.

Haven't heard of anyone locally who is isolating, a few are shielding due to other health issues .  We are avoiding as much as possible. 

I think that Boris is wasting his time.  Those Police on the BBC right now aren't keeping their distance.  Writing to us what's that about?  Waste of trees, waste of money, waste of his time.   He's been Voted in as PM GET ON WITH IT!  Also, who will be disinfecting all these letters B4 they leave his office and B4 they are opened?  Which bit of don't touch DOESN'T HE GET  :bang: :bang: :bang:

?  ?M8.4  ?  to be spent on the above.  How many will contact the Virus by touching this and as the Royal Mail are looking to shut down postal services ....... I think that this is a mis-use of his position and funds!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 12:05:28 PM by CLKD »

Sparrow

« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2020, 12:05:36 PM »

I have not heard of anyone with symptoms at all. 

CLKD

« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2020, 12:07:06 PM »

I've heard of people with symptoms of 'flu or heavy colds which may/not be C-19.  But apart from my nephew no one actually worrying that it is actually C-19.  That's according to his mother but his Bro thinks it's a cold.

Katejo

« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2020, 12:22:27 PM »

I have not heard of anyone with symptoms at all.
  I have just come across the 1st person I know well who has it. In fact 2 of them because her partner is ill too. Both work in the NHS but not nurses or doctors. She says they have been ill for 10 days with no real improvement but are at home still. She is only 47. Not sure about his age but similar I think.

CLKD

« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2020, 12:55:27 PM »

10 days seems a long while to have symptoms with no improvement.  If they are not getting worse? have they had advice?

CLKD

« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2020, 02:08:26 PM »

I was lucky with the 'flu: went to bed and woke with it the next morning.  3/4 days in bed B4 gingerly getting out to test my legs enough to dare to walk downstairs.  I remember Mum and my sister having it one year and they were ill for weeks it seemed.  My sister also had rheumatic fever 3 times ....... so ill when she was 9 that they couldn't take her to Hospital.  It was touch and go for 3 days/nights.

Katejo

« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2020, 02:50:45 PM »

10 days seems a long while to have symptoms with no improvement.  If they are not getting worse? have they had advice?
I don't know yet. Have replied to them to ask if they have enough food etc. but haven't heard back yet.

Taz2

« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2020, 03:08:54 PM »

It seems that the illness either gets better or, after two weeks, rapidly becomes pneumonia. I know of three people locally who have died and two others have tested positive.  :'(

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2020, 03:09:30 PM »

Well done Katejo!

Sad times Taz
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 39