Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 39

Author Topic: Coronavirus - anyone got it?  (Read 60955 times)

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Coronavirus - anyone got it?
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2020, 07:01:01 PM »

Don't take ibuprofen Joaniepat.
Makes it worse apparently.
xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2020, 07:02:39 PM »

Nurofen is my go-to for all aches and pains and is all that I have in the house.  I could take a bunch of paracetamol and it would kill me but not help aches and pains  :-\

A warm bath is nice too ;-)

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2020, 07:10:11 PM »

There is NO evidence that Nurofen etc. will cause symptoms to worsen: logically, why would it? I did a google, like you do ;-)

Veran's tweet was widely shared, particularly in France, and the advice has raised questions over the impact of ibuprofen to treat the virus. CNN has contacted the French health ministry for comment.

"Deeply concerned about this bold statement," Muge Cevik, a researcher at the University of St Andrews Infection and Global Health Division, said on Twitter. "There's no scientific evidence I am aware of that ibuprofen [causes worse] outcomes in #COVID19."

"I don't think we've had any firm evidence to suggest that [ibuprofen aggravating Covid-19] is a concern at this point," said Dr. Yvonne Maldonado, professor of pediatrics and infectious disease epidemiologist at Stanford University in California

I can find no record of how Nurofen etc. makes 'flu etc. worse. Maybe this is being pushed by the companies that manufacture Paracetamol?

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2020, 08:17:09 PM »

So has the 1 show this evening - but no one knows why?  is this being pushed by the Company that makes paracetamol or is there a physical reason ?  I can't use it and it is a dangerous drug which should be on prescription only  >:(

Hurdity

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2020, 08:32:04 PM »

There are too many thread on this now all talking about the same thing!

One of my daughter's best friends is having to self-isolate as her sister in law has it. That's the closest I am to it (knowingly that is). London is rife - at least half the England cases are there. I have close family members there. One is in a vulnerable at risk group, now working from home and pretty much self isolating although well at present.

Sore throat and runny nose are less usual symptoms of Covid-19 according to the stats so hopefully just a nasty cold? Get well soon Joaniepat!

Hurdity x

dangermouse

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2020, 09:47:14 PM »

CLKD - If you google ibuprofen and bronchospasm you?ll see why this might be contraindicated in COVID-19.

I know of about 4 people (including one very close friend) who have it but I'm in London so we are ahead of the game.

Sparrow

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2020, 09:49:35 PM »

Don't take Ibuprofen if you think you have Coronavirus.

My niece who works for the NHS sent me a text about it today.

Dr John Campbell on Youtube has also warned against it.

Absolutely correct.  It surpresses the immune system if the virus progresses to the pneumonia stage, so is dangerous.

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2020, 10:26:59 PM »

:thankyou:

'too many threads' meaning what exactly  >:(. 1 doesn't have to join in.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2020, 10:51:52 PM »

My son had asthma when he was little.
I was told never to give him ibuprofen back then.

Ju Ju

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2020, 10:55:23 PM »

I'm scared to be honest as I have asthma and developed pneumonia after a minor cough and required hospitalisation and oxygen therapy. Fortunately it was bacterial pneumonia, so was treatable with antibiotics and steroids. But with covid 19, if you go on to develop pneumonia, it will be viral, which can't be treated with antibiotics. it's scary enough not being able breathe, even if it can be treated.

I've self isolating anyway, but am awaiting new glasses to arrive at the opticians. I hope they do, as I'm getting headaches from eye strain. Plus a dental appointment soon, which I need. Will they still be open? Both occasions which I will have to go out for, if they happen.

sheila99

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2020, 11:31:50 PM »

Perhaps they could post your specs? I know they normally like to fit them but these aren't normal times. I would only go to the dentist if you have toothache, anything else can wait. Stay safe.

Katejo

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2020, 05:09:48 AM »

CLKD - If you google ibuprofen and bronchospasm you?ll see why this might be contraindicated in COVID-19.

I know of about 4 people (including one very close friend) who have it but I'm in London so we are ahead of the game.
  I am also in London but don't yet know/know of anyone with it. However my workplace is closing on Thursday and I will be working from home.

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2020, 09:44:30 AM »

Ju Ju - by then hopefully most people going to be affected will be isolating ;-)

Taz2

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2020, 02:00:45 PM »

I don't see how any of us will know if we have it unless we are hospitalised? A friend is self isolating under NHS advice due to exactly the same flu type symptoms I had three weeks ago when I was told, by my GP,  that my high fever which gave me a slightly productive cough meant it was definitely not Covid-19. Changing times!

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2020, 02:04:19 PM »

'flu usually floors people.  This apparently is fever led?

It would be sensible to test families with front line workers, i.e. Doctors/Nurses to see whether it *is* this strain.  That will get people back to work more quickly.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 39