Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
twitter facebook instagram blogger

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]

Author Topic: Coronavirus - anyone got it?  (Read 16783 times)

Taz2

Re: Coronavirus - anyone got it?
« Reply #465 on: February 05, 2021, 11:57:53 AM »

I couldn't understand the comment that we couldn't shut borders, as NZ and Australia did, because "we are an island"? Surely NZ is an island too? https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/air/if-scientists-say-close-borders-well-do-it-says-shapps

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #466 on: February 05, 2021, 12:26:33 PM »

They in the UK weren't ready for the Pandemic.  Despite knowing that one was on it's way, hence the jollies across Europe to 'talk about it'. 

I don't know how many air terminals New Zealand has?  Auckland being the obvious way in, then fly down to the South Island?  Down Under have few ways into Oz or N Zealand ..... so can be [looking for a word  :-\ ] ........

Changes can be scarey, even when we want them!

Taz2

« Reply #467 on: February 05, 2021, 12:30:42 PM »

There are 24 large airports in New Zealand and quite a few main ones https://www.newzealand.com/uk/new-zealand-airlines-and-airports/ 

Taz x  :)

CLKD

« Reply #468 on: February 05, 2021, 01:08:53 PM »

Shows what a sheltered Life I lead  ::)

Continued discussion about whether to use hotels/not 4 incoming travellers ..........

Strongkat

« Reply #469 on: February 05, 2021, 02:31:03 PM »

I couldn't understand the comment that we couldn't shut borders, as NZ and Australia did, because "we are an island"? Surely NZ is an island too? https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/air/if-scientists-say-close-borders-well-do-it-says-shapps

Taz x

NZ is most definitely an Island. They have had red hot bio security for many years . Taking food in is a no no, I even had a beagle sniffing around my handbag which had briefly had a sandwich in it.  Taking walking boots with any mud on at all isn't allowed either.

I think NZ is probably the ultimate in Islands it is a long way from any other land mass.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 02:36:02 PM by Strongkat »

sheila99

« Reply #470 on: February 05, 2021, 05:20:46 PM »

That's why we got foot and mouth resulting in thousands of animals being slaughtered and they didn't. If they were too stupid before to realise how devastating a disease can be and quickly it can spread they should have learned from this.

CLKD

« Reply #471 on: February 05, 2021, 05:24:23 PM »

We had a thread about F&M somewhere  :-\.  Badly handled at the time, advice given by one of the 'experts'  >:(, who also gave advice about C-19 until he was moved sideways  ..........
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]