Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 39

Author Topic: Coronavirus - anyone got it?  (Read 61031 times)

Sparrow

Re: Coronavirus - anyone got it?
« Reply #405 on: December 01, 2020, 10:02:53 AM »

Being a magazine, they would have financed it.

It's about a week old.

Surveys are not usually peer reviewed as it's just a questionnaire and not a research paper.

Uptick

« Reply #406 on: December 01, 2020, 03:06:15 PM »

Medscape is a branch of WebMD which is an American company. Anyone can register, but only medical doctors can comment on the articles. It used to be very informative but has been declining in quality the last couple of years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebMD

sheila99

« Reply #407 on: December 01, 2020, 03:27:36 PM »

The tabloids put out controversial (and sometimes untrue) headlines to sell copy too  ;D
I wonder what a survey of UK doctors would find.

befuddled

« Reply #408 on: December 02, 2020, 09:57:32 AM »

Just watching Morning Live,  there were some people talking about their shopping habits, and a blind lady was saying that she can't go into shops because she can't see well enough to social distance.  She's had some aggressive comments from some other shoppers when she's  got too close, and obviously her guide dog isn't trained to understand social distancing.  That's not something i'd thought of before.  All those poor people in similar situations.  And the people who make the comments - best not put into words what i think of them!!

sheila99

« Reply #409 on: December 02, 2020, 10:03:09 AM »

As she has a guide dog wouldn't you think people would work out she can't see?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #410 on: December 02, 2020, 10:03:33 AM »

Where are the staff though befuddled?  In village shops someone would be along to assist. 

befuddled

« Reply #411 on: December 02, 2020, 10:13:14 AM »

I sometimes let myself in for trouble because i can't just keep quiet when i see things like that happen.  More than once i've thought maybe i should just get on with my own life and not interfere, but i can't, i'd feel so guilty about it afterwards.  If someone tried that in my village shop it wouldn't be forgotten, not for years probably.  Good community here where i am.

CLKD

« Reply #412 on: December 02, 2020, 01:16:47 PM »

I wouldn't shop at Matalan if that's the case.  Haven'b been for years actually.  What's happened to the staff  :-\ I wonder if they company are using C-19 as an excuse to lay off staff?

Watching the News: the presenter is showing us how safe the Pub is, by touching everything: the signing in book, the sanitiser bottle, the Bar as he walks round the area.   >:(. which bit of DO NOT TOUCH don't presenters get?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 01:22:57 PM by CLKD »

Katejo

« Reply #413 on: December 02, 2020, 02:49:31 PM »

As she has a guide dog wouldn't you think people would work out she can't see?

i saw that and thought exactly the same. It is up to other people present to give her space to move safely. It's not her fault if a guide dog lets her get too close.

CLKD

« Reply #414 on: December 02, 2020, 04:38:31 PM »

Humans are judgemental.  Instead of offering to assist it's all 'you should be socially distancing'. ? 

CLKD

« Reply #415 on: December 25, 2020, 04:37:17 PM »

Speaking to a family member this afternoon: he lives in The Fens : 18 months ago an Asian family re-invigorated their village Post Office/Stores so he has been using them than the Supermarkets 5 miles away.

However: the Asian man has been going to Birmingham to meet with family in the Cash and Carry - guess who got C-19 and brought it back to the village, now the paper girl has it .............  :bang: :bang: :bang:

Taz2

« Reply #416 on: December 26, 2020, 12:08:56 AM »

I'm sure he has to go to the Cash n Carry to stock his shelves like all small shop keepers?

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #417 on: December 26, 2020, 09:24:10 AM »

But the point is not to mix?   We go to Cash and Carry 4 times a year and speak to the cashier .........

Taz2

« Reply #418 on: December 26, 2020, 09:34:45 AM »

I'm not sure what you mean? If he owns a shop surely he has to go to cash n carry to stock up and within the cash and carry he will be in contact with others?

My son has tested negative now after two weeks so is on the mend hopefully. His estranged wife is still struggling though but sounded less breathless yesterday. So horrible not to be able to help them!

Taz x

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #419 on: December 26, 2020, 09:38:09 AM »

Glad to hear that Taz about your son.
My sons just got over it too. xx

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 39