Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: CBD oil for anxiety  (Read 4225 times)

Jari

CBD oil for anxiety
« on: March 13, 2020, 09:58:11 AM »

Has anyone tried Jacob Hooey CBD oil from Holland and Barrett?

Just curious if this is good for sleep?

Sparrow

Re: CBD oil for anxiety
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 10:01:00 AM »

No not used it.  I did buy some oil once but was worried about using it.  Since then there has been testing of those on the market, and most have little or no active ingredients.

Jari

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 10:03:55 AM »

Thanks Shadyglade. I have never used it but just wondered if it works as saw it in H&B..

Sparrow

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 10:09:44 AM »

I think there are a lot of manufacturers cashing in, as ever.  ::)

MsDboo

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 09:04:50 PM »

CBD oil is a great herbal remedie for anxiety it has powerful anxiolytics properties and also for a lot of the pain and other symptoms caused during the peri menopausal stage and menopause, I have been using it for this reason and I now would not be with out it, much better than using pharmaceuticals for me, the H&B one is not the best % and is expensive, research and recommendation is key, I have been lucky enough to know some one who is a very knowledgeable in this field and sells good quality CBD, so maybe ask friends, you would be surprised how many people use it for many different medical issues. It effects every one differently so my advice would be to try it, you can get it in different  forms even gummies

Chikabee

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2020, 10:13:39 PM »

CBD oil is a great herbal remedie for anxiety it has powerful anxiolytics properties and also for a lot of the pain and other symptoms caused during the peri menopausal stage and menopause, I have been using it for this reason and I now would not be with out it, much better than using pharmaceuticals for me, the H&B one is not the best % and is expensive, research and recommendation is key, I have been lucky enough to know some one who is a very knowledgeable in this field and sells good quality CBD, so maybe ask friends, you would be surprised how many people use it for many different medical issues. It effects every one differently so my advice would be to try it, you can get it in different  forms even gummies

Hi MsDboo,

Can you share which CBD brand you buy. I unfortunately do not have friends/associates who would know about anxiety-related Menopausal issues yet  :-\

Thanks

Chikabee

Beaker

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2020, 08:30:41 AM »

Chikabee I have tried CBD oil for anxiety.  I tried Jacob Hooey, Blessed (bought online), Celtic wind (bought online) and finally I am using Vitality CBD oil from Boots. 
My conclusion about CBD oil is that (for me) the effects on sleep and mood were subtle.  I am a very anxious person and I have to admit that CBD oil had virtually no effect at all. 
The effects on aches and pains is very good.  Having said that, I don't suffer badly from aches and pains but have had a small amount of arthritis pain which has now gone.
You have to consider expense.  In order to work properly, you often have to take quite a high dose of CBD oil, depending on your symptoms.
Personally, I feel the Vitality CBD is just as good as any of the others and is cheapest (taking into account the 3 for 2 Boots offer).
CBD oil is in no way a miracle cure but I think its effects are subjective and highly individualised.
I resorted to Silvercloud/Uplift (NHS CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) programme) which I found very effective and this has probably been the most successful non-medication treatment for my anxiety.  I am still an anxious person but I have just learned how to deal with my anxiety a bit better.
Hope that helps. 

Topcat67

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2020, 09:16:15 AM »

Hi there.
I'm new to the site and finding it really useful.
I'm trying CBD oil but like most of the replies I couldn't say I'm seeing a def result. I have some left so will finish the bottle and see if there is a difference.
One think which has really helped is a book called Dare. I listen to it on audible. Anxiety is new for me and I've found it terrifying. But this book has really helped me look at it differently. I've also had some CBT which was very very beneficial.