Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Another new member just wanting to say hello!  (Read 929 times)

writerchelle

Another new member just wanting to say hello!
« on: March 12, 2020, 11:06:55 AM »

Hi everyone!

As someone who is currently struggling really badly with what I'm assuming are menopausal symptoms, I'm hoping I've finally found a place I can come to where I can actually talk about them, and not feel like I'm going crazy! I'm 51 years old, and I'm an author, so I spend a lot of time on my own, which isn't always a good thing. It certainly doesn't feel like it right now. I also have a tendancy to overthink things/bottle things up/not talk about things I probably should be talking about, and with my anxiety levels through the roof at the moment, everything just feels a little overwhelming.

I honestly thought I would sail through the menopause because, at first, it was just the hot flushes I seemed to be experiencing, and I can deal with those. They're not affecting me at all, but the anxiety... It's hit me like a bolt out of the blue, and that's what I'm really struggling with right now. I'm tearful all the time, my concentration is shot to pieces, which isn't great when you're trying to write books! And because I spend so much time on my own, the loneliness is starting to kick in, and, well, I'm just hoping that I can at least find people here who can, hopefully, understand what I'm going through. Because I'm finding it so hard to get to grips with the changes the menopause seems to be throwing at me, which does nothing to help the anxiety.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi, and to introduce myself. A fellow author I'm friends with on Facebook told me about this forum, and what a friendly and helpful place it is, so, I've bitten the bullet and finally started reaching out to others who just might be feeling the same way as me - isolated, anxious, and just in need of others to talk to, because I don't really have that, to be honest.

Baby

Re: Another new member just wanting to say hello!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 12:15:41 PM »

Hi there. Yes this forum is great and I look at it daily to keep reminding myself I'm not going mad anxiety and complete exhaustion are my main symptons. You feel so alone and when others are there you want to be alone because you feel ashamed. I have tried various HRT will little help with main symptons. I am 52. Welcome.x

Barnacle

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 12:17:21 PM »

Hi writerchelle, it's good to see you.

The ladies on here are wonderful and any questions you have will be answered, with compassion and a sometimes a little bit of humour, because this meno journey can be a bit tough at times. 
I have only recently joined and have spent a lot of time reading different posts, and have found the search function very useful for that.

I work from home, so can understand some of what you are feeling. I always make sure that at lunchtime, i get my bum out of my chair and go for a walk. Just being outside for a short time seems to lift my mood a little.

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 12:50:03 PM »

Hello writerchelle and welcome to the forum.

You will find compassion and companionship here from ladies who truly understand what you are going through.

The upheaval that comes with the menopause can be so hard to deal with. I'm told that it does all settle eventually but that's little consolation when you are in the thick of it.

Wishing you well and keep posting.

K.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2020, 06:48:56 PM »

Hi writerchelle

:welcomemm:  you've come to the right place for support! You can chat about all sorts of things - not just the menopause. There's a chat section - well two or three actually!

I am just wondering what your periods are doing; are they irregular or have lomger gaps between them, or variable also in length and flow? Have you conisdered HRT? There really is no need to suffer all those horrible symptoms. As well as eliminating hot flushes casued by menopause, then the right dose of the right product can also alleviate anxiety as members will testify.

I hope you are able to take some comfort in sharing your experiences and chatting to those going through the same thing (and those who have come out the other side one way or another!) :)

Hurdity x